News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Arab Spring, Round 2

Started by Savonarola, June 28, 2013, 01:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I presume that is from Arab Spring, Round 1.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

They should really leave Michelle out of it.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2013, 01:46:20 PM

I've seen some internet murmurings from Egyptians pissed at Obama for foisting Morsi (sp?) on them.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on July 02, 2013, 01:49:22 PM
They should really leave Michelle out of it.

Or they could have at least acknowledged her amazing arms.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2013, 01:50:29 PM

I've seen some internet murmurings from Egyptians pissed at Obama for foisting Morsi (sp?) on them.

Is that a fact?  I thought he was the Muslim Brotherhood dude who won the election.  How did Obama foist him on them?  I am sure he did in some weird way that is not obvious to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Viking

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2013, 01:45:39 PM
:hmm:

Whoever the US isn't actively trying to overthrow is Obama's bitch, whoever the US is actively trying to overthrow is the hero of the Arab peoples.

Edit: You voted for him despite our warnings, now he's your problem Egypt.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

To preserve the legacy of the Arab Spring, some general needs to take charge of the situation, marginalize Muslim Brotherhood, and bring some order for the next few decades.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on July 02, 2013, 01:56:06 PM
To preserve the legacy of the Arab Spring, some general needs to take charge of the situation, marginalize Muslim Brotherhood, and bring some order for the next few decades.

It is time for Zombie Nasser.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

citizen k

citizen k

Valmy

Solmyr

I'm sure they will eventually realize that it's all the Jews' fault.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2013, 01:54:30 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2013, 01:50:29 PM

Is that a fact?  I thought he was the Muslim Brotherhood dude who won the election.  How did Obama foist him on them?  I am sure he did in some weird way that is not obvious to me.

Jesus guys, how many times do I have to explain to you?

East of the Atlantic, there will be a portion of the population in any country (the more east, the more people) who will believe that everything they do not like is the making of the US. And the Jews at times, although the eastern you go, the less difference is between these two.

Grallon

Quote from: DGuller on July 02, 2013, 01:56:06 PM

:P

To be fair - perhaps the islamist phase is the first step in their learning curve towards democracy...  I doubt it but there's a possibility they need to freely chose to be ruled according to islamic principles - enough to get sick and tired of them - in order to flush those out of their system so to speak...

We tend to forget it took *us* centuries to evolve our current democracies...  And we also forget the Muslim world hasn't had the Reformation and the Enlightenment we had 500 years ago...  It maybe they cannot collectively develop democracy along lines we recognize but we won't know until they've tried.  Naturally it could also turn out the way Iran turned...  :lol:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel