Berkeley City Council Mandates Free Pot for the Poor

Started by garbon, July 14, 2014, 10:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

$32K is a good wage, especially for a single person.  That is basically around what I have made my entire working life and I do alright.  Granted I hope to do a lot better than that this winter when I get my first Engineering gig.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 15, 2014, 08:28:57 AM
Just don't do it on campus.

Well I think there is probably a wide gap between official school policy and what actually occurs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on July 15, 2014, 08:12:21 AM
Cue fat Americans joke.

You'd actually have to try to make one.

On a different note, median income for a household in Berkeley is 60k and then 18% of population is below poverty line.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Nice to know I would be amongst the rich 50% in Berkeley.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2014, 08:32:15 AM

Well I think there is probably a wide gap between official school policy and what actually occurs.

I meant to caveat that with "don't let Max catch you."

Gups

That's, what, £20K a year.

Seems pretty low to me. That's pretty much an entry level job in the UK - first year teacher, cop, secretary, assistant shop manager outside of London.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on July 15, 2014, 08:30:59 AM
$32K is a good wage, especially for a single person.  That is basically around what I have made my entire working life and I do alright.  Granted I hope to do a lot better than that this winter when I get my first Engineering gig.
Location, location, location.  Where I live, $32,000 is my annual rent+utilities bill.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 15, 2014, 08:49:57 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2014, 08:32:15 AM

I meant to caveat that with "don't let Max catch you."

No shit.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on July 15, 2014, 09:58:09 AM
Location, location, location.  Where I live, $32,000 is my annual rent+utilities bill.

8K for blueberries.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

[ed anger] where i live it doesn't even cover the cook or the maids. or diapers.[/ed anger]
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 15, 2014, 05:33:59 PM

8K for blueberries.
That's not funny.  :mad: Blueberries are $4/pint here.