News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 31, 2014, 11:34:55 PM

Hey the Spurs are back in the Finals.  :)

That was an amazing play.

And the refs sure dodged a bullet on that game.  Some really really bad calls almost cost the Spurs the game.  But now we dont have to talk about those botched calls and especially the missed goaltend call.

Grey Fox

Birdman plays in Miami?!

I'm on that bandwagon.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 02, 2014, 08:37:47 AM
Birdman plays in Miami?!

I'm on that bandwagon.

Has been there for more than a year already.

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Larch on June 02, 2014, 09:20:53 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 02, 2014, 08:37:47 AM
Birdman plays in Miami?!

I'm on that bandwagon.

Has been there for more than a year already.

Yeah, I forgot.

I said the same thing in last years finals.

alfred russel

Crazy to have the AC go out in the first game. Considering how the Heat faded down the stretch, and lost Lebron, I wonder how much of this can be put on coaching and roster management.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

I turned on the game with about 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  I think I might have jinxed the Heat.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 06, 2014, 11:06:48 AM
I turned on the game with about 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  I think I might have jinxed the Heat.

If you could keeping turning the games off with 7 minutes to go that would be swell.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on June 06, 2014, 11:06:48 AM

The AC went out long before then.  Also the Spurs were dominating that game long before then.  The only thing that kept the Heat in it were the unforced turnovers the Spurs were committing.  The Heat are going to have to rethink how they defend because they didnt match up well last night.

FunkMonk

Lots of people who never played competitive sports (and a lot who did) unfairly criticizing LeBron's "heart" and "determination to win" because he couldn't "man up" after his "womanly cramps".

I'm a Spurs fan, of course, but my fellow fans are idiots.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 06, 2014, 11:43:50 AM
Lots of people who never played competitive sports (and a lot who did) unfairly criticizing LeBron's "heart" and "determination to win" because he couldn't "man up" after his "womanly cramps".

Fucking BS. LeBron is a damn pussy.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2014, 11:28:32 AM
The AC went out long before then.

Yup.  But obviously my watching the game was the dagger that did the Heat in.

QuoteAlso the Spurs were dominating that game long before then.

They stopped dominating for a while, though.  Heat was ahead by 4 when I switched on the game.

QuoteThe only thing that kept the Heat in it were the unforced turnovers the Spurs were committing.

I'll take you word for that. 

QuoteThe Heat are going to have to rethink how they defend because they didnt match up well last night.

That, too.

I plan on watching the rest of the series.  Will be the first Finals I've paid attention to in ages.  I mildly favor the Spurs but it's mainly the match-up & some of the individual players that interest me.

Looking at the stats, Ginobili had an awesome night but there's been an odd lack of noise from my Argie Facebook friends.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Thats is nuts.  How the hell does a basketball player (or anyone) play through a cramp like that. I suppose they could have dragged him around the floor...

I had a calf cramp up on landing after a dunk - it was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced.  And I sure as hell didnt try to play the rest of that game.  As I recall it took me a few days to recover enough to begin light practices again.  I wonder how long it will take for him to be ready to play.

alfred russel

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 06, 2014, 11:45:13 AM

No shit. Find a way to stay on the court. Michael Jordan played through the flu. Fuck, Magic Johnson played through HIV.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

FunkMonk

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 06, 2014, 11:45:13 AM

Maybe he is, but if anyone cramps up that badly then there's no way he's going to be able to continue.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2014, 11:50:53 AM
Thats is nuts.  How the hell does a basketball player (or anyone) play through a cramp like that. I suppose they could have dragged him around the floor...

I had a calf cramp up on landing after a dunk - it was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced.  And I sure as hell didnt try to play the rest of that game.  As I recall it took me a few days to recover enough to begin light practices again.  I wonder how long it will take for him to be ready to play.

I think it's because most people have never experienced a cramp like that. We get the occasional charlie horse that hurts like hell for 5 minutes or so and that's what we think of.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?