News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

LeBron doesn't have a history of cramping up AFAIK so I'd definitely be inclined to cut him some slack.  I got impatient with Chad Johnson cramping up all the time.  Especially because it was likely due to his poor diet.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I used to love hating Lebron, it was great fun.  But now that he has taken the Heat to four straight finals and won two I just cannot anymore.  Dude has earned respect.  I just cannot help but wish he had never won one, that would have been hilarious.  Ah well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 06, 2014, 11:55:40 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 06, 2014, 11:45:13 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 06, 2014, 11:43:50 AM
Lots of people who never played competitive sports (and a lot who did) unfairly criticizing LeBron's "heart" and "determination to win" because he couldn't "man up" after his "womanly cramps".

I'm a Spurs fan, of course, but my fellow fans are idiots.

Fucking BS. LeBron is a damn pussy.

Maybe he is, but if anyone cramps up that badly then there's no way he's going to be able to continue.

You can always play thru anything.

Players play thru concussions, broken arms, hands, legs, ribs, sports hernia.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 06, 2014, 12:06:13 PM

Well you certainly cant.   :P

In any event you show some ignorance of what a cramped muscle actually is and what it prevents an athlete from doing.  Its not just painful.  The muscle literally stops contracting and relaxing - ie it stops working.  Now if someone can play with muscles that no longer work that would definitely be a sight to see.

FunkMonk

I can't criticize someone's ability to fight through pain as it's different for each person. I've had a calf cramp playing soccer before and it felt like my muscle was missing from the bone. If LeBron James cramped up and couldn't continue, I can understand that.

I'm no LeBron fan or anything, and I dislike the Heat, but I am giving the guy the benefit of the doubt.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Yeah, it's not just pain.  The muscle literally will not work, like CC said.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Beautiful jam by Ray Allen on the break.  Loved his expression afterwards too.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2014, 12:29:06 PM

In any event you show some ignorance of what a cramped muscle actually is and what it prevents an athlete from doing.  Its not just painful.  The muscle literally stops contracting and relaxing - ie it stops working.  Now if someone can play with muscles that no longer work that would definitely be a sight to see.

I've seen Hockey Player play thru a broken leg to finish his shift.

While I don't want to continue fighting biology, James remains a pussy ever since he had to be carried out for an ankle strain.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 06, 2014, 12:48:43 PM

While I don't want to continue fighting biology, James remains a pussy ever since he had to be carried out for an ankle strain.

Playing with a broken (actually probably fractured) leg is quite different than playing with a cramp.  One is a question of playing through pain.  The other is a question of not being able to play at all because the muscles have stopped working.

Now if you can explain to me how one is supposed to run and jump when their leg muscles have stopped working I would be very interested to hear it.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2014, 12:54:21 PM
Now if you can explain to me how one is supposed to run and jump when their leg muscles have stopped working I would be very interested to hear it.

Maybe Chris Bosh could have carried him around on his shoulders?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2014, 12:54:21 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 06, 2014, 12:48:43 PM

Playing with a broken (actually probably fractured) leg is quite different than playing with a cramp.  One is a question of playing through pain.  The other is a question of not being able to play at all because the muscles have stopped working.

Mental toughness.

You can stop pressing the point that it's impossible to play thru a muscle cramp, I understand. But this is alot more about perception. James didn't look like he tried.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 06, 2014, 01:51:58 PM
James didn't look like he tried.

Now you are just being an idiot.  After he cramped up the first time he went back into the game.  After he cramped up the second time he couldnt even walk. 

Valmy

Ok now I keep picturing Lebron dunking while riding Chris Bosh.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2014, 01:58:57 PM
Ok now I keep picturing Lebron dunking while riding Chris Bosh.

:lol:

Where is Grallon when we need him

derspiess

Probably less unsettling than simply picturing Birdman.