Main Menu

Supreme Court strikes down DOMA

Started by Kleves, June 26, 2013, 09:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on June 26, 2013, 11:50:11 AM
Why would that offend a Christian? :huh:

Not sure.  Either seeing a heathen religion being "observed" offended her, or possibly (this is purely a guess on my part) she had been made to take some religious symbol or something off her desk and got all pissy when she saw that others could have voodoo dolls on theirs.

She was a bit of a handful.  If it wasn't religion, it was some race grievance she cooked up. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2013, 12:40:50 PM
Not sure.  Either seeing a heathen religion being "observed" offended her, or possibly (this is purely a guess on my part) she had been made to take some religious symbol or something off her desk and got all pissy when she saw that others could have voodoo dolls on theirs.

She was a bit of a handful.  If it wasn't religion, it was some race grievance she cooked up.
Sounds like a typical HR person. :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2013, 12:41:17 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2013, 12:40:50 PM

Sounds like a typical HR person. :ph34r:

How would you know :ph34r:
and the horse you rode in on

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 26, 2013, 12:33:52 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2013, 12:17:13 PM
Governor Moonbeam

HEY NOW

They're just mad because he is the first competent governor since his father.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

My gay co-worker informed me today that the gays will be gathering in and around Stonewall Inn after work. Thankfully I'll be far away in Brooklyn with Courtney Love.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

Was his dad competent?  I thought he was instrumental in loading up the budget with unaffordable goodies.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on June 26, 2013, 12:57:15 PM
Thankfully I'll be far away in Brooklyn with Courtney Love.
Try not to get murd... I mean commit suicide. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2013, 12:59:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 26, 2013, 12:57:15 PM
Thankfully I'll be far away in Brooklyn with Courtney Love.
Try not to get murd... I mean commit suicide. :)

Actually people have been wondering if with pride, we'll get more New York gay-bashings...

PDH

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2013, 12:58:28 PM
Was his dad competent?  I thought he was instrumental in loading up the budget with unaffordable goodies.

Back in the day California could do that and get away with it, then the voters decided they wanted programs but no longer wanted to pay for them.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

There's a Pride parade in Cincy this weekend.  I'm sure it'll be a hoot.  My wife has to be there to represent Citi for some reason.

And as much as I'd love to attend, I have a conflict as there is a new brewery opening Saturday.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: PDH on June 26, 2013, 01:07:15 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2013, 12:58:28 PM

Back in the day California could do that and get away with it, then the voters decided they wanted programs but no longer wanted to pay for them.

:yes: :(

Admiral Yi

Quote from: PDH on June 26, 2013, 01:07:15 PM

If I'm not mistaken Moonbeam pere also contributed to the nuclear arms race in state salaries.  Totally fair to pin prop 13 on retard California voters, but $150,000 prison guards goes to the state government.