Supreme Court: Section 4 of Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional

Started by Kleves, June 25, 2013, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 04:07:10 PMSo we dont know.  :rolleyes:

So when you don't know the cost of a program, the cost concern becomes irrelevant? That seems a bit out of character for you.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on June 28, 2013, 04:04:22 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2013, 03:58:14 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 28, 2013, 03:41:12 PMOkay, cost per year.

Aren't you the one who's supposed to be the fiscal conservative, concerned about ill defined budget items and the foolishness of implementing programs without considering their cost?

Yessir.

But in this case you're willing to accept that the costs are small until you get evidence to the contrary?

Admiral Yi

Of all the objections to voter ID offered so far, this is by far the most trivial.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 28, 2013, 04:24:48 PM
Of all the objections to voter ID offered so far, this is by far the most trivial.

You sure?  It is not like the election commissions are super well funded.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

I'm fairly confident the cost will be very small potatoes in the context of the overall state budget.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2013, 04:27:06 PM

I'm less sure than you were about the legality of screaming one's head off in the Texas Senate gallery.

Jacob

Typical spendthrift liberals promoting government intrusion and dismissing the costs as trivial.

Oh wait... not the liberals. The other guys.

Razgovory

What are the most damaging objections?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

I am simply amazed to find that it turns out that supposedly "fundamental" beliefs in core principles turn out to be thrown aside for nearly trivial political expedience.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 28, 2013, 04:32:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2013, 04:27:06 PM

I'm less sure than you were about the legality of screaming one's head off in the Texas Senate gallery.

Hmmmm...well that is a wide range of sureness :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I don't think the GOP is opposed to goverment spending on principal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2013, 04:36:20 PM
Typical spendthrift liberals promoting government intrusion and dismissing the costs as trivial.

Oh wait... not the liberals. The other guys.

Seriously Jake, this is the kind of line that would have the MSNBC/Bill Maher crowd roaring with laughter and high-fiving each other over the ridiculous inconsistency of those pinhead Republicans, but five bucks for each person who doesn't have a photo ID and wants one is chump change.

Razgovory

I had to pay 20 bucks to get my driver's license renewed.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2013, 04:52:59 PM
I had to pay 20 bucks to get my driver's license renewed.

What does that have to do with a free vote ID?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2013, 04:09:52 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 04:07:10 PMSo we dont know.  :rolleyes:

So when you don't know the cost of a program, the cost concern becomes irrelevant? That seems a bit out of character for you.

Not really.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".