Supreme Court: Section 4 of Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional

Started by Kleves, June 25, 2013, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Siege on June 28, 2013, 11:29:55 AM
What the fuck is wrong with yoy people?

You have to identify yourself with a picture id so YOU  cannot cheat and vote twice or thrice like some democrats do.

Why is this so hard to understand?

and how do you stop non-citizens from voting without photo id? explain this to me.

Their liberals and a free ID is just a burden to get.  :D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

and how do you stop non-citizens from voting without photo id? explain this to me.
Not registering them to vote?  :hmm:

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on June 28, 2013, 11:32:11 AM

How do you accomplish that?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on June 28, 2013, 11:33:45 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 28, 2013, 11:32:11 AM

How do you accomplish that?
Deny their registration application.

garbon

You have to identify yourself with a picture id so YOU  cannot cheat and vote twice or thrice like some democrats do.

Can you demonstrate where this is happening?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

We seem to be doing a great job stopping non-citizens from voting so clearly we can.

But what is so hard to understand about my position?  Just make everybody a free photo ID if they are already a registered voter.  Then make one whenever a new person registers to vote...for free.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2013, 11:51:19 AM

Can you demonstrate where this is happening?

Happened here in Cincy last year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2013, 12:05:10 PM

We seem to be doing a great job stopping non-citizens from voting so clearly we can.

But what is so hard to understand about my position?  Just make everybody a free photo ID if they are already a registered voter.  Then make one whenever a new person registers to vote...for free.

No problems with that.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 12:11:24 PMNo problems with that.

If that was part of the proposals regarding IDs for voting, you'd see 95% of "hysteria" vanish.

11B4V

Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2013, 12:13:25 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 12:11:24 PMNo problems with that.

If that was part of the proposals regarding IDs for voting, you'd see 95% of "hysteria" vanish.

The ID is free in Texas and you can use other forms of pic ID too. Sooo why all the hysteria?

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 12:15:24 PM
The ID is free in Texas and you can use other forms of pic ID too. Sooo why all the hysteria?

If the free part is true I am alright with it.  As I said, it will be interesting to see what it's impact will be in 2014.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2013, 12:17:16 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 12:15:24 PM

If the free part is true I am alright with it.  As I said, it will be interesting to see what it's impact will be in 2014.

I really dont think it will impact much. The GOP has a fucked up message. The Dems "ground game" is soooo much better. So they will mobilize to help people in Texas to get the ID. Wouldnt be surprised if they have not started already.

The ID is free.

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 12:15:24 PMThe ID is free in Texas and you can use other forms of pic ID too. Sooo why all the hysteria?

Alleged shenanigans about the accessibility of these proclaimed free IDs.

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 12:26:16 PMI really dont think it will impact much. The GOP has a fucked up message. The Dems "ground game" is soooo much better.

Even in Texas? Interesting.

Do you agree with the narrative that sees Texas swinging Democratic in the next 10-15-20 years?

QuoteSo they will mobilize to help people in Texas to get the ID. Wouldnt be surprised if they have not started already.

The ID is free.

If it turns out that the impact is minimal, I'll cop to having succumbed to hysteria.

Right now I'm still suspicious, though.

11B4V

Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2013, 12:27:15 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 12:15:24 PMThe ID is free in Texas and you can use other forms of pic ID too. Sooo why all the hysteria?

Alleged shenanigans about the accessibility of these proclaimed free IDs.

and the right wingers allege voter fraud. Doesnt mean it's true.