Supreme Court: Section 4 of Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional

Started by Kleves, June 25, 2013, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Yeah, huge burden that photo ID is.  So difficult to snag one.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 28, 2013, 10:20:35 AM

Well paying a $1.00 poll tax was hardly a huge burden.  I just get annoyed having more crap to worry about for not particular reason.

Weren't you the guy who didn't like the government messing with him?  Changing the rules, putting a greater onus on the voters, for no reason is just cool eh?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Yeah, here's another one. A creepy ass cracker, applying his disproportionally retrogressive perspective on somebody other than himself.

And photo IDs are a huge burden when you make them a huge burden.  Once again, that's the fucking problem.

Fuck, your forehead is as dense as vM's bed frame.

Valmy

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on June 28, 2013, 10:17:34 AM
Actually, election-only IDs are going to be free.

They are?  Exxxxcelent.  I hope they make them at the polling places the first couple times, just for convenience.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2013, 10:24:37 AM
Weren't you the guy who didn't like the government messing with him?  Changing the rules, putting a greater onus on the voters, for no reason is just cool eh?

That's why I don't ever buy his or Yi's or Otto's or 11Bravo's or any of the other "Libertardianism for All" crowd's bullshit. 

All their bullshit over Rights and Libertyness and Freedomtude go out the window when it comes to any other class other than themselves, whether it's women's reproductive rights and whore pills or voter rights for spics and niggers. 

Each and every one of them are so full of shit.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

I don't care.  They have all been judged, and sentence has been passed.  Guilty of bullshit, with intent to manufacture and distribute.  Case closed.

derspiess

Well paying a $1.00 poll tax was hardly a huge burden.  I just get annoyed having more crap to worry about for not particular reason.

I've always shown my ID to vote (even when not asked), so this would be no additional burden to me.  Dunno why you keep trotting out that line when it doesn't really apply.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2013, 10:32:19 AM

That's why I don't ever buy his or Yi's or Otto's or 11Bravo's or any of the other "Libertardianism for All" crowd's bullshit. 

All their bullshit over Rights and Libertyness and Freedomtude go out the window when it comes to any other class other than themselves, whether it's women's reproductive rights and whore pills or voter rights for spics and niggers. 

I don't think I nor any of the rest of us claimed 100% Libertarian purity.  I'd put myself at about 75%, maybe 80% on a good day.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2013, 10:26:08 AM
And photo IDs are a huge burden when you make them a huge burden.  Once again, that's the fucking problem.

Ah, the soft bigotry of low expectations.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2013, 02:58:58 AM
While it's possible you can delude yourself into believing that, the amount of dodging you've done in this thread indicates there is something you don't want to take into consideration.  You can tell yourself whatever you want to believe all you like.  If you do it long enough, you may succeed! It happens all the time.  Some people use aids in that.  It's called "Talk Radio".

Stay Razzy.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 28, 2013, 10:52:05 AM
I've always shown my ID to vote (even when not asked), so this would be no additional burden to me.  Dunno why you keep trotting out that line when it doesn't really apply.

:huh: It does.  The government's processes do not work, supposedly, so the voters must do more work.  I guess I thought this was an ideological stance but I guess it only applies to you?

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on June 28, 2013, 10:55:54 AMAh, the soft bigotry of low expectations.

No.

The medium-firm bigotry of deliberately putting in as many obstacles as you can get away with.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2013, 10:32:19 AM

Now I'm a libertarian.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Siege

What the fuck is wrong with yoy people?

You have to identify yourself with a picture id so YOU  cannot cheat and vote twice or thrice like some democrats do.

Why is this so hard to understand?

and how do you stop non-citizens from voting without photo id? explain this to me.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"