News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Learning a new language?

Started by The Brain, October 20, 2016, 03:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on October 21, 2016, 08:11:38 AM
I've used Duolingo (which, unfortunately, doesn't offer Japanese) and Memrise in tandem for French, Spanish and Italian.  I think they work reasonably well.  You could probably use Rosetta Stone in place of Duolingo.

News in Slow... is a good podcast once you have mastered the basics.

I've found that some of the blogs on FluentU have decent tips for more advanced podcasts.

Don't know if you're still pursuing this; but Duolingo does now offer Japanese (though it's in beta at the moment.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Jacob on October 23, 2016, 09:02:06 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 23, 2016, 04:30:45 PM
I've got one for you Jacob.

"So, American prisona, you are surprised I speak your ranguage.  You see, I studied in your country.  At UCRA."

I'm afraid I don't get the joke :(

It's making fun of the quality of instruction at UCLA.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

The Brain

Quote from: Savonarola on May 19, 2017, 09:03:34 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on October 21, 2016, 08:11:38 AM
I've used Duolingo (which, unfortunately, doesn't offer Japanese) and Memrise in tandem for French, Spanish and Italian.  I think they work reasonably well.  You could probably use Rosetta Stone in place of Duolingo.

News in Slow... is a good podcast once you have mastered the basics.

I've found that some of the blogs on FluentU have decent tips for more advanced podcasts.

Don't know if you're still pursuing this; but Duolingo does now offer Japanese (though it's in beta at the moment.)

I kinda am. And sweet!! Thanks for the info!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.