The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2013, 01:21:05 PM
I always just get warnings when speeding...not.

The last time I was pulled over I didn't even get a warning.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 01, 2013, 01:25:43 PM

I've gotten two.  Most recent one was from a female state trooper who was oddly a bit flirty.

My first was "I don't know if you have speed limits in Massachusetts or not but here in California we do."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Quote from: derspiess on July 31, 2013, 08:10:27 PM
Zimmerman was pulled over today in Texas for speeding and had a pistol with him in the cabin.

It's just a matter of time before this piece of shit shoots someone else. He's clearly got a hard-on for it if he doesn't even keep the gun in his glove box.
and the horse you rode in on

Barrister

Quote from: fhdz on August 01, 2013, 01:29:10 PM
Zimmerman was pulled over today in Texas for speeding and had a pistol with him in the cabin.

It's just a matter of time before this piece of shit shoots someone else. He's clearly got a hard-on for it if he doesn't even keep the gun in his glove box.

You can argue about what happened that one night in Florida, but it seems to me that right now George Zimmerman has some grounds to be fearful for his personal safety...

MadBurgerMaker

It was in the glove compartment.  From what I saw of the video, it sounds like he opened up the glove compartment to show it to the officer, who told him to close it back up and don't touch it or something similar.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on August 01, 2013, 01:27:02 PM

I wonder why?  :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 01, 2013, 01:30:21 PM

You can argue about what happened that one night in Florida, but it seems to me that right now George Zimmerman has some grounds to be fearful for his personal safety...

[spoiler]Vigilante[/spoiler] Justice for Trayvon?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on August 01, 2013, 01:41:07 PM

Corruption at every level.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2013, 01:46:58 PM

I don't think it was so much corruption as it would have meant a whole lot of paperwork for both of us. -_-

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on August 01, 2013, 01:52:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2013, 01:46:58 PM

I don't think it was so much corruption as it would have meant a whole lot of paperwork for both of us. -_-

So I should try that in the future? Don't give me a ticket, think about all the paperwork.

fhdz

Quote from: Barrister on August 01, 2013, 01:30:21 PM

He should. He stalked, shot, and killed an unarmed man and got away with it because a) of the frankly ridiculous SYG law and b) because he isn't black. His brother's correct - he's going to be looking over his shoulder the rest of his life...kind of like a lot of black folks have to do already.
and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

:lol:  Fhdz & Seedy are indistinguishable these days.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Stand Your Ground wasn't invoked during the trial.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 01, 2013, 02:17:04 PM
Anyway AFAIK, Stand Your Ground wasn't invoked during the trial.

And as it's been explained before, it didn't have to be "invoked".

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2013, 02:18:18 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 01, 2013, 02:17:04 PM
Anyway AFAIK, Stand Your Ground wasn't invoked during the trial.

And as it's been explained before, it didn't have to be "invoked".

But he wasn't acquitted based on Stand Your Ground.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on August 01, 2013, 02:19:28 PM
But he wasn't acquitted based on Stand Your Ground.

:rolleyes: He didn't have to be acquitted "based on" Stand Your Ground.