The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2013, 01:44:16 PM
Or not run out to the car and come back with her gun in the first place.  That's escalating the confrontation.  Firing it indoors into the ceiling or wall makes it much worse. 

That said, 20 years seems a bit steep.

Florida's got a bit of a track record when it comes to whacked-out minimum sentences.

http://flcourier.com/2012/05/10/crack-cocaine-sentencing-was-overkill/

http://news.ufl.edu/2006/01/10/three-strikes-law/

Ah, and of course, this particular gem seems to be a fun little tidbit called 10-20-Life.  Massively controversial and unpopular, at least according to the Internet spin on it.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10-20-Life
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 17, 2013, 02:14:39 PM
QuoteProsecutors win 99.5 percent of their cases in the United States, an unheard of figure in the democratic world (about 60 percent in Canada

Guess the Beebs just aren't very good at their job. :(
The Feds in 2010 had a 93 percent conviction rate

http://www.justice.gov/usao/reading_room/reports/asr2010/10statrpt.pdf

I imagine that the States had lower percentages, though that still seems worryingly high.  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Still not as good as Japan, I believe, but pretty close.

derspiess

Dionne Warwick is now refusing to perform in Florida. Just FYI.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

I've cancelled my shows in Florida as well.  Fuck those creepy ass crackers.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 18, 2013, 06:28:04 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2013, 06:22:17 PM
Fuck  :(

I'm sure you can get your money back on those tickets.  Face value only, though.  Not the inflated prices you paid that scalper.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Savonarola

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2013, 06:22:17 PM

That does it, I'm boycotting the Psychic Friends Network.  :mad:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Jesse Jackson has declared Florida an "Apartheid state".  Wonder where the Bantustans will be & what they'll be called.

Charles Barkley agrees with the verdict even though he thinks Trayvon was racially profiled by Zim.

Bill Cosby says it's not about race, and is getting a lot of shit for it, but he should be used to that by now.

garbon

Florida already lost Whitney to the grave, they can't be deprived of Dionne too! That just leaves them with Cissy. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

One of my co-workers visited a gun store a few days ago.  He said that while he was there they were doing a brisk business selling to African-Americans.  So at least some good came from all this.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock