The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2013, 01:54:29 PM
There's no legal requirement in Florida regarding an individual's obligation to deescalate a confrontation or an individual's culpability in escalating one.

So you think this gal should walk?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 17, 2013, 02:14:39 PM
QuoteProsecutors win 99.5 percent of their cases in the United States, an unheard of figure in the democratic world (about 60 percent in Canada

Guess the Beebs just aren't very good at their job. :(
Since this 99.5% and 60% include guilty pleas, the Beebs of Canada must really suck.  :(

Or else Conrad Black is full of shit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2013, 03:30:57 PM
There's no legal requirement in Florida regarding an individual's obligation to deescalate a confrontation or an individual's culpability in escalating one.

No felony, 12 mos Probation.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2013, 03:30:57 PM

I find the increasing inability of both juries and judges to find any room for the exercise of discretionary judgement such as the Zimmerman case and this one disturbing.  Removing the ability to take exigent circumstances into consideration is a trend that is counter to our system of justice working properly.

And while the nuances of these specific results are based in not very easily identifiable or explainable law for the layman, the combining the lack of discretionary judgement with the disparity between the legal truth and the objective truth is becoming increasingly counterintuitive to the point of absurdism.

And I certainly don't think it's a stretch to see how the black community could see a double standard at work here when these two cases are held up next to one another.  But you're not black so you don't have to worry about it.

derspiess

So is that just a fancy way of saying you want the woman to walk and Zim to fry?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2013, 09:25:11 PM
So is that just a fancy way of saying you want the woman to walk and Zim to fry?

It's a fancy way of saying I think there's something incredibly broken about a system when there's no legal accountability for somebody exercising the judgement to put themselves in the position to kill somebody, yet at the same time somebody else gets a 20 year sentence for exercising judgement in not killing somebody.

Now I know you're intelligent enough to see the lack of common sense at work here regarding Florida law in these two cases, but I can understand why you would defend this fundamentally broken premise, what with niggers being involved and all.

Siege

Quote from: Caliga on July 15, 2013, 10:06:38 PM
Was it real retarded?

She recognized the Trayvon was giving a "wup ass" to Zimmerman.
Therefore Trayvon Martin was the aggressor.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2013, 09:35:22 PM
exercising the judgement to put themselves in the position to kill somebody

Interesting turn of phrase.

Presumably the woman was exercising the same judgement to put herself in a position to kill somebody, no?  Her ex could have started pounding her too.

CountDeMoney

Hey, it's Florida.  They love their guns so much, the law demands you kill people with them.  Or else.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2013, 10:05:59 PM
Hey, it's Florida.  They love their guns so much, the law demands you kill people with them.  Or else.

Gosh, when you put it that way it's so intuitive and common sense that the law is wrong.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2013, 09:35:22 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2013, 09:25:11 PM

It's a fancy way of saying I think there's something incredibly broken about a system when there's no legal accountability for somebody exercising the judgement to put themselves in the position to kill somebody, yet at the same time somebody else gets a 20 year sentence for exercising judgement in not killing somebody.

Now I know you're intelligent enough to see the lack of common sense at work here regarding Florida law in these two cases, but I can understand why you would defend this fundamentally broken premise, what with niggers being involved and all.

I did say 20 years was excessive.  11B's sentence sounds more fitting.  But the two cases are apples & oranges.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 17, 2013, 10:08:48 PM

Gosh, when you put it that way it's so intuitive and common sense that the law is wrong.

I'm not black and living in Florida, so I'm not sweating it, either.

derspiess

Quote from: Siege on July 17, 2013, 09:41:31 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 15, 2013, 10:06:38 PM
Was it real retarded?

She recognized the Trayvon was giving a "wup ass" to Zimmerman.
Therefore Trayvon Martin was the aggressor.

Today she claimed she has a 3.0 GPA.  She used to also claim that she was studying criminal justice at "Miami University" (in which case she didn't even get the name of the school right unless she was really talking about the school in Ohio).  She is in fact a 19-year old that hasn't finished high school yet.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2013, 10:11:27 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 17, 2013, 10:08:48 PM

I'm not black and living in Florida, so I'm not sweating it, either.

Oh, no.  Not at all :lol: