The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Black women love me in the work place.  We talk hair and everything.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2013, 08:03:18 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2013, 08:02:37 AM

Ditto :contract:

Yes, but see, the difference between us is that I'm not secretly thinking about lynching them with their hair extensions.

Valmy

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 17, 2013, 06:43:22 AM
Warning shots aren't really covered by either SYG or self defense law at all. Whereas actually shooting someone is.

Huh.  That is pretty backasswards.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on July 17, 2013, 08:04:19 AM
Warning shots aren't really covered by either SYG or self defense law at all. Whereas actually shooting someone is.

Not really. Using a gun to threaten someone is not self defense. And that is what a "warning shot" is most of the time.

This women fired a gun inside a house with people in it. That is all kinds of stupid.

It isn't go to jail for 20 years stupid, certainly, but it is not and should not be any part of legal firearm use to go around firing "warning shots" when using a gun aggressively, as she was doing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2013, 08:04:19 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2013, 08:03:18 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2013, 08:02:37 AM

Ditto :contract:

Yes, but see, the difference between us is that I'm not secretly thinking about lynching them with their hair extensions.

:rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

dps

Quote from: Berkut on July 17, 2013, 08:07:16 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 17, 2013, 08:04:19 AM

Not really. Using a gun to threaten someone is not self defense. And that is what a "warning shot" is most of the time.

This women fired a gun inside a house with people in it. That is all kinds of stupid.

It isn't go to jail for 20 years stupid, certainly, but it is not and should not be any part of legal firearm use to go around firing "warning shots" when using a gun aggressively, as she was doing.

Pretty much agree with everything you're saying in this post--and it's not often that I'll agree that a prison sentence is too heavy.

Valmy

Not really. Using a gun to threaten someone is not self defense.

It certainly could be, depending on the circumstances.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

To be fair, according to American cops, warning shots are more dangerous that shots to kill.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on July 17, 2013, 09:17:48 AM
To be fair, according to American cops, warning shots are more dangerous that shots to kill.

:P
Warning shots are pretty stupid.

derspiess

Warning shots or no, shooting your gun into the air is just plain neat.  Great way to celebrate something.

DGuller

Maybe legally it isn't, but it's all kinds of fucked up.  In what world does it make sense that you can't threaten someone to get them to break off a threatening behavior on their part?  Why does any self-defense has to immediately go to 11?

The Brain

Is it American cops who are unable to shoot people in the legs, unlike the cops of other countries?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on July 17, 2013, 09:22:35 AM
Maybe legally it isn't, but it's all kinds of fucked up.  In what world does it make sense that you can't threaten someone to get them to break off a threatening behavior on their part?  Why does any self-defense has to immediately go to 11?

:huh:

Of course you can threaten someone to cease their behaviour.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.