The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on July 16, 2013, 09:54:54 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2013, 08:16:01 AM
Stevie Wonder is boycotting Florida.  Just thought all of you should know.

You are really enjoying this, aren't you?

They love to watch those darkies.  They're such a musical people, and dance so well.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2013, 08:33:20 AM
"Extremely large guitar pick earring" culture, then? :unsure:

Those things are enormous.  Like table tennis paddles.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2013, 12:02:55 PM
:yawn:  Seedy used to be amusing.

Too much into Racial/Cultural suppression. He still thinks GZ is a white boy. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

I'm sure Tim does, too. And Valmy, due to the one drop rule.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 16, 2013, 02:00:07 PM
And Valmy, due to the one drop rule.

:yeah:

The additional requirement is they really have to want to be white though.  I am not sure of GZ's love of the white and pastey peoples.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 16, 2013, 02:00:07 PM
I'm sure Tim does, too. And Valmy, due to the one drop rule.

Is that like the 5 second rule?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

QuoteA Note Regarding the Zimmerman Trial

Both the Martin and Zimmerman families have asked for Americans to peaceably respect the verdict in the case against George Zimmerman. In light of that, we're going allow the matter some peace and have a moratorium on any discussions on the case here until the end of summer.

Thanks for your understanding.
From THR  :lol:

Savonarola

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2013, 10:08:06 AM

I'm boycotting Florida too. TOO HOT AND MUGGY.

Then Moveon.org has already won.  :(

QuoteAngry protesters call for Florida boycotts following Zimmerman acquittal

For two days the world waited for the verdict in the trial of George Zimmerman. Outside the Seminole County courthouse, more than 200 demonstrators were on hand to hear what would become of the man who shot Trayvon Martin.

By Jason Garcia, Orlando Sentinel
3:09 p.m. EDT, July 16, 2013

Angered by George Zimmerman's acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, protesters around the country have begun vowing on social-media channels to boycott everything from Florida vacations to state-produced orange juice.

"Never again. Florida's economy will suffer due to the loss and injustices of Trayvon Martin and his family," Facebook user Toshia Lynn posted on the public page of Visit Florida, the state's tourism-marketing agency.

Users on Twitter have begun campaigning under hash tags such as #BoycottFlorida and #NotFlorida. Their goal: To squeeze Florida's influential tourism businesses, in hopes that they will in turn pressure state leaders into repealing the state's controversial "Stand Your Ground" gun-rights law, which emerged as a flashpoint in Zimmerman's trial.

"Boycott Florida and maybe the tourism board and Disney will pressure FL lawmakers to repel [sic] Stand Your Ground," Twitter user @vivalalisian23m posted Tuesday.

A petition to "Boycott Florida Tourism," launched on the website of Moveon.org, had drawn about 5,800 signatures by mid-afternoon Tuesday.

"Florida is not a safe place to take your family for vacation as long as Florida law permits a citizen to shoot or kill you for merely looking suspicious, and to do it with impunity," petition organizers wrote. "Boycott Florida tourism until this dangerous law is overturned. If the murder of Trayvon Martin isn't enough to get lawmakers' attention, maybe a loss in revenue to the state would be."

At least one celebrity joined the chorus: Musician Stevie Wonder told an audience in Quebec City, Canada, that he will not perform in Florida again until the Stand Your Grand law is repealed, according to Hollywood Reporter. Wonder added that he would refuse to perform in any other state with a Stand Your Grand law, as well.

But while emotions are raw right now, one industry expert said he did the calls for boycotts are unlikely to have any meaningful impact on Orlando or Florida tourism.

"I honestly don't think so. Most people are familiar with what's going on, and they wouldn't blame an entire state for what happened in a very isolated case," said Abe Pizam, dean of the University of Central Florida's Rosen College of Hospitality Management.

Pizam cited the case of Arizona, where many activists called for travel boycotts after the state passed its controversial anti-immigration law in 2010. Pizam said Arizona's tourism industry experienced a "tiny drop" in the immediate aftermath of the law's passage but that it

NO JUSTICE! NO ORANGE JUICE!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Jacob

I believe you're reporting this story here: http://nationalreport.net/stevie-wonder-boycotts-florida-in-wake-of-zimmerman-verdict/

... which is a "humour" site with a disclaimer and everything. So yeah... you got swindled.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on July 16, 2013, 04:11:34 PM

I believe you're reporting this story here: http://nationalreport.net/stevie-wonder-boycotts-florida-in-wake-of-zimmerman-verdict/

... which is a "humour" site with a disclaimer and everything. So yeah... you got swindled.

Eh, no.  Sorry.  I read it here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stevie-wonder-boycotting-florida-zimmerman-585760

Other performers are boycotting Florida, so it's not as if it's that far out there, Jake.

Oh, and I guess the LA Times is either in on the joke or got "swindled": http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-stevie-wonder-trayvon-martin-boycott-20130716,0,4883535.story
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Savonarola

Quote from: Jacob on July 16, 2013, 04:11:34 PM

Both HLN and The Orlando Sentinel reported it as well.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

Stevie's going to miss out on some beautiful sights.