The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

No idea gun bunny, how close do you think?  I'm still waiting for the riots.  Obama has incited people by calling for "calm reflection", yet even that seditious firebrand has failed to cause all the urban areas of America to burn.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 08:14:34 PM
No idea gun bunny, how close do you think?  I'm still waiting for the riots.  Obama has incited people by calling for "calm reflection", yet even that seditious firebrand has failed to cause all the urban areas of America to burn.

You stated you would show your holstered weapon.  So, apparently you had an idea of what you would do. Lets hear it.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2013, 07:51:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 07:35:28 PM
It would appear that if Martin had shot Zimmerman instead of the other way around his chances in court aren't so good.

Or alternatively, blacks are more prone than whites to initiate violence, and a black Zimmerman would have been found not guilty of killing a white Trayvon.

You keep saying this.
On what view of the facts did Martin initiate the violence?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

QuoteI'm still waiting for the riots.  Obama has incited people by calling for "calm reflection", yet even that seditious firebrand has failed to cause all the urban areas of America to burn.
So as not to cloud the statement you made. Unlike your attempt....

No riots=good, very good in fact and I'm glad I'm wrong.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 14, 2013, 08:20:20 PM
You keep saying this.
On what view of the facts did Martin initiate the violence?

Pretty sure i don't keep saying that alternatively black people could be more prone to initiating violence than white people.

Martin initiated the violence on the view of the facts that he was witnessed pummeling Zimmerman on the ground before Zimmerman shot Martin, and that Zimmerman was not witnessed initiating any violence prior to the pummeling nor uttering any provocative statements that a reasonable person would believe justifies violence as a response.  Also on the view of the facts that if Zimmerman had initiated violence prior to the pumelling it would have left physical evidence that the ME would have brought up in testimony.

You still haven't answered my question.

Kleves

From the link to Raz's chart:
QuoteBut how do you measure racial bias? John Roman, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute's Justice Policy Center, recently conducted a study examining racial disparity using FBI data on 43,500 homicides from 2005 to 2009, the most recent years for which data was available. He sifted out only the killings in which there was a single shooter and a single victim, both of whom were strangers to each other — narrowing the pool to about 5,000 homicides.

And Roman looked specifically at "justified" homicides, which as defined by the FBI, are when police determine a private citizen has killed someone who is committing a felony, such as attempted murder, rape or armed robbery.

Roman found that the killings of black people by whites were more likely to be considered justified than the killings of white people by blacks.
QuoteSo the disparity is clear. But the figures don't yet prove bias. As Roman points out, the data doesn't show the circumstances behind the killings, for example whether the people who were shot were involved in home invasions or in a confrontation on the street.

Additionally, there are far fewer white-on-black shootings in the FBI data — only 25 total in both the Stand Your Ground and non-Stand Your Ground states.[!!!!] In fact, the small sample size is one of the reasons Roman conducted a regression analysis, which determines the statistical likelihood of whether the killings will be found justifiable.
So your chart is showing an analysis of 25 homicides (the number of times whites killed blacks) out of a pool of 5,000 (the total number of interracial homicides). Further, it doesn't just include times when someone was found not guilty because of self-defense, but instead all killings including those where the desceased was committing a felony like rape, robbery, attempted murder, etc. when he was killed. So it is pretty much complete and total bullshit.

Though I did find it shocking that apparently only one-half of one percent of interracial killings involve a white person killing a black person. That does really put people like CdM's outrage into perspective.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 08:35:50 PM
So, basically Raz posted a turkey...figures.

I really wish he'd stop being on my team.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on July 14, 2013, 08:32:04 PM
Though I did find it shocking that apparently only one-half of one percent of interracial killings involve a white person killing a black person. That does really put people like CdM's outrage into perspective.

And what perspective is that?

Razgovory

Or I could be eating.  You know, for a guy who doesn't answer many questions, you sure get impatient when you ask one.  He could simply pull back his jacket to show he had a gun.  He could point to the gun.  I imagine there are lots of ways to show a gun with out waving it around.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 08:40:45 PM

Or I could be eating.  You know, for a guy who doesn't answer many questions, you sure get impatient when you ask one.  He could simply pull back his jacket to show he had a gun.  He could point to the gun.  I imagine there are lots of ways to show a gun with out waving it around.
I did answer your riot question.

at what distance from the individual do you point at, show, claim, etc, that you have a gun?

CountDeMoney

He could simply pull back his jacket to show he had a gun.  He could point to the gun.  I imagine there are lots of ways to show a gun with out waving it around.

Certainly not beyond the realm of possibilities for a wannabe yahoo coptard.  They just love to draw that toy out whenever they can, especially on "suspects".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 08:45:19 PM
at what distance from the individual do you point at, show, claim, etc, that you have a gun?

You're asking somebody that has no base of professional knowledge or training.  Just like, you know, a wannabe yahoo coptard like Zimmerman.

Razgovory

I was talking about your tendency to become reticent when answering questions that undermine your arguments.  I never claimed to have a gun, but I imagine you could point at a gun from a distance of one planck length to 48 billion light years away.  Going beyond that and physics get kinda wonky.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 08:51:54 PM

I was talking about your tendency to become reticent when answering questions that undermine your arguments. 
BS

QuoteI never claimed to have a gun, but I imagine you could point at a gun from a distance of one planck length to 48 billion light years away.  Going beyond that and physics get kinda wonky.

That's what I thought.