The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Kleves on July 14, 2013, 05:17:27 PM
So your theory is that Trayvon attacked him because he knew that Zimmerman had a gun?

Zimmerman shot Martin in cold blood, then bashed himself in the head with a rock. See it on tv all the time.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 05:30:16 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 14, 2013, 05:25:49 PM
Raz is trolling.

Or he's off his meds.

What exactly would you do if some stranger follows you around at night in his car gets out tells he's "arresting" you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

There is a clear lesson in this case for all young Black men in Florida.

Carry a firearm.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 14, 2013, 05:44:14 PM
There is a clear lesson in this case for all young Black men in Florida.

Carry a firearm.

Oh, I imagine if Martin shot Zimmerman he'd be cooling his heels in jail right now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Queequeg

Quote from: Siege on July 14, 2013, 04:47:09 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 04:19:17 PM
He doesn't have to pull it out. 

Come on man, Tryvon beat the shit out of Zimmerman because he didn't know he had a gun.
Tryvon was a criminal and a delinquent beating people up, until he beat the shit out of the wrong guy.

You don't wake up and say "I'm gonna start beating people up!".
You build up violence as part of your possible answers to a given issue.
You make violence one of your tools for conflict resolution.

That, is what happened.
Tryvon fucked with an armed man, and Colts Rule is golden.
What's Hebrew for "damned schvartzsez?"
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 05:40:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 05:30:16 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 14, 2013, 05:25:49 PM
Raz is trolling.

Or he's off his meds.

What exactly would you do if some stranger follows you around at night in his car gets out tells he's "arresting" you?

When did that happen?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

It's a hypothetical.  As far as I know, this did not happen to you.

derspiess

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 05:14:21 PM
He could simply have flashed it as he was making his citizens arrest.  After all he didn't want him to get away, cause "those punks always get away".

So now he does have to pull it out.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 05:45:27 PM
Oh, I imagine if Martin shot Zimmerman he'd be cooling his heels in jail right now.

Better to take your own chances on the self-defense defense rather than be the victim of someone else's
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Kleves

Probably better not to physically attack people in the first place.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Admiral Yi

Yeah Joan, not sure how the lesson is if you're black you should bring a gun to a sidewalk pounding.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 06:30:15 PM
What's the point, then?

Yi was asking for hypothetical situations and I stated one that was likely.  I asked you what  you would do.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2013, 06:33:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2013, 05:14:21 PM
He could simply have flashed it as he was making his citizens arrest.  After all he didn't want him to get away, cause "those punks always get away".

So now he does have to pull it out.

No, he simply made it known that he had it.  You can display a weapon with out unholstering it.