The future George Zimmerman Acquittal Trial Megathread!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 20, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"For George, I think he has to try and put this whole sequence of nightmares behind him and go forward," Weintraub said. "He's young, he's smart and he's got his whole life ahead of him."

Well, he's young anyway.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on December 16, 2013, 05:29:24 PM
"For George, I think he has to try and put this whole sequence of nightmares behind him and go forward," Weintraub said. "He's young, he's smart and he's got his whole life ahead of him."

Well, he's young anyway.
Sometimes you have to say things that are nice but untrue.  You're smart enough to know that.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote"For George, I think he has to try and put this whole sequence of nightmares behind him and go forward," Weintraub said. "He's young, he's smart and he's got his whole life ahead of him."

Yeah, a whole life ahead of him getting locked up for domestic violence and gun charges, over and over and over...

Savonarola

Trayvon died for somebody's sins, but not mine:

QuoteBleeding Trayvon Martin Nativity scene displayed at church

A California church decided to turn the traditional Nativity scene into a piece of social commentary with a depiction of a bleeding Trayvon Martin.

The Inland Valley Daily Bulletin is reporting that Claremont United Methodist Church, located about 30 miles outside of Los Angeles, built a Nativity scene depicting Martin in a black hoodie with a stream of blood pouring from his chest.

Artist John Zachary built the scene, which he told the the Daily Bulletin was a piece of art that comments on our times. Zachary told the paper that the July acquittal of George Zimmerman, who fatally shot the 17-year-old in February 2012, struck him as a worthy subject for Christmas comment.

The scene is titled "A Child is Born, a Son is Given," with the wording outlined in red, formed from a pool of blood at Martin's feet.

Zachary said one of the photos of Martin lying dead on the pavement tore at him while he was searching for images for inspiration.

"What if Jesus was lying there bleeding to death? I was kind of thinking of that," Zachary told the Daily Bulletin.

This isn't the first year the church has displayed a scene that "comments on our times." The church has been making nontraditional Nativity scenes for seven years.

The first year, Zachary made Mary and Joseph a modern homeless couple on a ghetto street. Other scenes turned Mary and Joseph into war refugees in Iraq and Mexican migrants halted by the U.S. border wall.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

Caravaggio killed a man too...

QuoteThe special prosecutor who charged George Zimmerman with second-degree murder in the shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin is the subject of his latest painting, according to a photo posted on Twitter by Zimmerman's brother.

Robert Zimmerman Jr. said details on the sale of Zimmerman's painting of State Attorney Angela Corey would be made available on Thursday. George Zimmerman sold a previous painting on eBay, with a winning bid of $100,099.99.

The new painting is an image of Corey gesturing with her finger and thumb together, under the words "I have this much respect for the American judicial system." The painting is titled "Angie," Robert Zimmerman Jr. tweeted Wednesday.

In July, a Seminole County jury acquitted George Zimmerman of murder in the 2012 Sanford shooting, which stirred a national debate on an array of issues, including racial profiling, self-defense and Florida's "stand your ground" law.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

:lol:  If painting keeps him off the roads, all the better.

sbr

derspiess

sbr

derspiess

I heard on the radio that Zimmerman is training for a celebrity boxing match to take place March 1st.  Not sure if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him follow in the footsteps of Danny Bonaduce, Screech, et al.

CountDeMoney

Now if he could shoot Danny Bonaduce...well, I'd watch that.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 31, 2014, 11:01:25 AM
I heard on the radio that Zimmerman is training for a celebrity boxing match to take place March 1st.  Not sure if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him follow in the footsteps of Danny Bonaduce, Screech, et al.

I hope he doesn't shriek like he did on that recording.  If that really was him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017