News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Taliban ready for peace talks with U.S.A.

Started by Syt, June 18, 2013, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I'm tired of these barbarians and the endless skirmishing. Fuck 'em.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on June 18, 2013, 01:34:41 PM
QuoteOne thing we do believe is any insurgent group including the Taliban will need to accept an Afghan constitution that renounces ties to al Qaeda, ends violence, and is committed to protections [for] women and minorities in the country

Hrmmm...those do not seem like very concrete terms.  It would be like Stalin agreeing to democracy in Poland.

There has apparently been quite a rift between al qaeda and the taliban for some time.
And Islamic fundamentalists they do claim to have women's rights, they just define them rather differently.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 18, 2013, 01:52:28 PM
Quote from: merithyn on June 18, 2013, 01:48:05 PM
Better that than to leave them to the "mercy" of the Taliban. :mellow:

Better for them.  Not sure you're ready for the non-stop ululating, though.

Xena! :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2013, 07:48:33 PM
And Islamic fundamentalists they do claim to have women's rights, they just define them rather differently.

Yep.  Like how 'democracy' meant something very different to Stalin :P

Platitudes are not a good basis for a treaty.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."