And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on December 12, 2018, 09:14:18 AM
Quote from: KRonn on December 12, 2018, 07:38:38 AM
Just been a bit cold here, teens over night and 30sF (0-5C) during the day. Not too bad; it'll get a lot colder later in the season.

:(

Over here that weather would be portrayed by the newspapers as the end of civilization.  :D

Hehe!  :D

mongers

Very mild winter here so far, just one night-time low below freezing, a few days ago; previous below zero was way back in early November.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

Snowing here! I love it!
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

KRonn

Very cold here this weekend, in the 20s F (-6) daytime, colder at night, though no snow on the way.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on January 12, 2019, 08:54:55 PM
Very cold here this weekend, in the 20s F (-6) daytime, colder at night, though no snow on the way.

Good grief.

KRonn, resist the temptation to shovel the stuff when it arrives.  :D

Admiral Yi

First heavy snow of the season.  Saw two cars in the ditch traveling down to my aunt's funeral.

Zanza

The weather is constantly sunny at about 30 degrees Celsius here. Here being the Maledives.

Caliga

We actually got some accumulating snow (for the first time this season) from the same storm Yi was talking about.  Melted by the afternoon though. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Daises and dandelions have started growing in the grass over the last couple of days.  :hmm:

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on January 12, 2019, 09:34:02 PM
Quote from: KRonn on January 12, 2019, 08:54:55 PM

Good grief.

KRonn, resist the temptation to shovel the stuff when it arrives.  :D

Hehe, we did have a small snowstorm in November which gave us a couple inches and most of it washed away with rain and warmish temps.

However, I always keep in mind the 2014-2015 winter when we had little snow similar to this year, but got clobbered late January through early March with severe cold temsps and a record of over nice feet of snow! That was a helluva winter!

HisMajestyBOB

We have 5 to 8 inches. It's good sledding or snowball snow.  :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

KRonn

We got about four inches of snow overnight, but it's been raining since before dawn. So now it's a few inches of wet, heavy snow. Waiting a bit before going out to clear it, let the rain melt some away, but I'll use my snow blower to clear the end of the driveway. Last time we had a similar wet snow, in November, it was less than what we have now.I cleared it manually but it was tough going, and I worried that I'd hurt myself. Ah, to be young again when this was more like a work out and I didn't worry about heart attacks and whatever else. I still do ok but do realize that common sense dictates that I take it easier when I can.  :)

KRonn

Sheesh, this morning everything outside was frozen as temps were in the teens over night. Snow and then mostly sleet  yesterday and into the evening froze up. My car was covered in ice, all doors frozen even after running the engine via remote start for at least fifteen minutes. Had to use a flame thrower just to get just one door open. ;) 

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

Yeah, we had similar with wind chill, below zero. Also, temps have been in the single digits all day.