What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Besides having Fox making your case for a presidential pardon, it seems that donating a bunch of money to Trump's reelection campaign also does the trick.

QuoteFor those who didn't receive the Fox News treatment, it appears that in at least one case, cold hard cash did the talking. Paul Pogue, a construction company owner who pleaded guilty to underpaying his taxes by $473,000 and received three years probation, was issued a full pardon and clemency by the president.

According to FEC filings, Pogue's family has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars in direct contributions and in-kind air travel to the Trump Victory Committee. Beginning in August 2019, Ben Pogue—CEO of Pogue Construction and son of Paul Pogue—and his wife Ashleigh made over $200,000 in contributions to the campaign.

In August alone, Ben Pogue donated $85,000 to Trump Victory while Ashleigh Pogue contributed $50,000 that month. The following month, Ben Pogue made an in-kind air travel contribution of $75,404.40. The couple also made several large donations to the Republican National Committee and each donated $5,600 to Donald Trump for President Inc.

On the day of their first donation to the Trump campaign, Ashleigh posted an Instagram photo of her and her husband posing with Donald Trump Jr. and his girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle, at the Hamptons.

Prior to the Pogues' sudden significant donating spree to Trump and the Republicans, the couple was not seen as big campaign spenders, having donated a few thousand dollars for Paul Ryan's congressional campaign in 2017 and $5,400 for former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's 2016 Republican presidential run.

Razgovory

Well, now the impeachment is over Trump can stop pretending to care about corruption.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Trump declares himself the 'chief law enforcement officer of the United States'

QuotePresident Donald Trump falsely designated himself the "chief law enforcement officer of the United States" while speaking to reporters on Tuesday.

The attorney general, in this case William Barr, is the chief law enforcement officer of the US.

I guess having the US as a neighbour is kinda comforting.  You can do much, much worst than Justin Trudeau.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

To be fair, it should be mentioned that Marc Rich's wife bought a pardon from Bill Clinton.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2020, 03:30:20 PM
I don't understand the pattern to Trump's pardons.

He didn't pardon Blago. Just commuted his sentence.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2020, 08:20:19 PM
To be fair, it should be mentioned that Marc Rich's wife bought a pardon from Bill Clinton.

As I have said, Trump is really just a much worse version of Bill Clinton.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on February 18, 2020, 08:32:38 PM

How so? Clinton had a real ideological framework/vision and was a genius communicator of that policy agenda. That seems quite far from Trump.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

If you really did say that, it would be wise to not remind people about it.  :wacko:

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on February 18, 2020, 08:47:59 PM

If you really did say that, it would be wise to not remind people about it.  :wacko:

Bill Clinton with all the bad parts and none of the good parts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2020, 08:50:16 PM
That's crazy person talk Valmy.

You just pointed out how self serving and corrupt Clinton could be, and you were right.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on February 18, 2020, 08:57:10 PM
Bill Clinton with all the bad parts and none of the good parts.
I'm honestly not sure how Bill Clinton's bad parts have any use in describing Trump.  They seem to be rather orthogonal characters.  I'm sure some of their parts have something in common somewhere, but not to the extent that is particularly useful for making observations.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on February 18, 2020, 08:58:13 PM
You just pointed out how self serving and corrupt Clinton could be, and you were right.

I can think of a few differences between Clinton and Trump.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2020, 09:13:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 18, 2020, 08:58:13 PM

I can think of a few differences between Clinton and Trump.

So why did you bring up the comparison? You were correctly pointing out there are commonalities between how they both operate.

They are both shady, self serving, narcissistic, slimey men of low character. Just one of them also happened to also have some good qualities.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on February 18, 2020, 09:16:52 PM
So why did you bring up the comparison? You were correctly pointing out there are commonalities between how they both operate.

They are both shady, self serving, narcissistic, slimey men of low character. Just one of them also happened to also have some good qualities.

I brought up the comparison to maintain my sparkling reputation for impartiality and objectivity.

I pointed out one commonality, not several.