News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mad Max open world game coming in 2014, err, 2015

Started by Syt, June 11, 2013, 12:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Hey syt, worth $20? as that is what going for on steam holiday sale.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Bought it in steam sale. Will try when I get back to chuffington
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: katmai on December 25, 2015, 06:40:04 PM
Hey syt, worth $20? as that is what going for on steam holiday sale.

I think so, but it depends on your tolerance for repetitive hand to hand combat and activities (see list of activities above), and how much you like sightseeing (though you don't have to clear all activities in an area to progress in the mediocre story). The car combat is pretty fun, though, once you've upgraded your car a few times and the convoy attacks are for me the highlight of the game.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

The combat reminds me of the batman games or shadows of mordor so  tolerable. :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Oh, it's competent, it just lacks the number of options in later game that those two had.

What impressed me a lot about Mad Max is how every location is hand crafted. The props will be similar/the same, the loot sites all will be put together differently. Sometimes a small underground lair, another time a small camp near a ridge, then just two shipping containers mashed together, etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Scipio

Beat it. All story missions completed, all areas free of Scrotus's influence, all strongholds maxed out. Good story ending, although predictable and grim. Still have a few Wasteland missions and a lot of lootable areas to clean up.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt