News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Stupid white people vs. stupid black people

Started by Martinus, May 30, 2013, 01:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Two stories:

QuoteTyler Deutsch, Man Who Allegedly Put Baby In Freezer, Faces Attempted Murder Charges: Police
The Huffington Post  |  Posted: 05/28/2013 1:00 pm EDT

A man from Washington state faces attempted murder charges after police said he allegedly put his six-week-old baby daughter in a freezer to stop her from crying.

Tyler Deutsch, 25, reportedly left his baby girl in the ice box for an hour on Saturday afternoon. The girl's 22-year-old mother called 911 when she saw Deutsch remove the baby from the freezer, ABC affiliate KOMO reported. KOMO learned Monday that the infant also had several broken bones, "indicating more may have been done to the girl than just placing her in the freezer," the news outlet reported.

For more on this story, visit KOMO.

In a news conference, Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said Deutsch admitted to putting the infant in the freezer. Although Troyer said the father later expressed remorse, the situation could easily have turned fatal.

"We don't believe it was a [case] of punishment or discipline. It was only a six-week-old kid," Troyer told Fox affiliate KCPQ.

The baby girl was admitted to an area hospital with a body temperature of 84 degrees, according to the Associated Press. The National Instituties of Health website notes that "a body temperature below 95 [degrees Fahrenheit] is a medical emergency and can lead to death if not treated promptly," and that "Babies... are especially at risk. Babies can get [hypothermia] from sleeping in a cold room."

The infant girl is expected to recover. Her father is scheduled to appear in court May 28. According to KCPQ, Deutsch has no criminal record.

In May 2012, a New Jersey babysitter and her male companion were investigated after a toddler in their care became locked inside a washing machine at a laundromat. Closed-circuit television footage of the incident went viral after being posted to YouTube. In that incident, an attendant came to the child's rescue, and unplugged the machine.

According to ABC News, the 1-year-old boy sustained only minor bruises, despite being trapped in the running machine for a minute.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/28/tyler-deutsch-man-baby-freezer-attempted-murder_n_3346508.html?view=print&comm_ref=false

QuoteSix teens drown trying to save each other from Red River sinkhole

SHREVEPORT, La. — Six teenagers from at least two families drowned in the Red River in northwest Louisiana after they stepped off a ledge from shallow water into a 18-foot sinkhole Monday, fire officials said.
Shreveport Fire Chief Brian Crawford told the Shreveport Times that the victims, aged 13 to 18, had drowned while trying to save each other. Only one, a 14-year-old, was rescued.

Emergency crews on both sides of the river responded to reports of a single person drowning before 6:30 p.m., just south of the area in Charles and Marie Hamel Memorial Park. It took fire officials about 10 minutes to locate the sinkhole, and that's when they learned there were multiple victims.

Dive teams from Shreveport and Bossier fire departments, as well as members of the Caddo Parish sheriff's office, searched the water about an hour before recovering the first body. By 10:30 p.m., all the bodies were recovered.

None could swim

Marilyn Robinson, a friend of the families, watched helplessly as the children, five boys and a girl, went under, the Times reported.

"None of us could swim," the 38-year-old told the newspaper. "They were yelling 'help me, help me. Somebody please help me.' It was nothing I could do but watch them drown one by one."

With tears rolling down her face, Louise Edwards, another witness, added: "It was hard watching them and not being able to help. Some people tried to jump in, but they were already gone. It's like a nightmare. Lord please help us, please."

Robinson said a group of family and friends, including about 20 children, had been out at a sandbar to barbecue and enjoy the water. She said they were familiar with the area, the Times reported.

Crawford was clearly affected by the tragedy as he announced the deaths.

"Unfortunately, I'm afraid, and it's with a heavy heart, to report that we have pulled so far (six) bodies from the river," he said, according to the Times. "I can honestly say that in my 26 years of service I've never seen anything of this magnitude. And I hope I never see it again.

"It's truly catastrophic and I can only imagine the effect it has on the families," he added.

Unfamiliar area

The teens had started playing in the area that they knew.

"One child ventured off into an area that he was unfamiliar with, and some of the other children had gone off with him," Crawford told the Times. "They went into the vicinity of an 18-foot sinkhole."

"And once one started toppling into that sinkhole grabbing a hold of another, trying to save another, eventually seven were pulled into the hole," he added.

Assistant fire chief Fred Sanders said it was believed the dead included three brothers from one family and a sister and two brothers from another.

The families were in recreational area of the Red River, Sanders said. The park is a popular picnic and fishing area and some people go wading.

"It's devastating," Sanders said. "To my knowledge the city has never experienced an incident of this magnitude. Unfortunately, neither the children nor the adults could swim."

The Times reported that only one life jacket was available.

Shreveport Mayor Cedric Glover, members of the City Council and Caddo Schools Superintendent Dr. Gerald Dawkins arrived at the scene with rescue crews.

Area ministers and city officials helped console grief-stricken relatives and friends as they gathered at the park and waited to receive updates from authorities.

The area where the teens drowned is not a public beach, and trenches had actually been dug to make it more difficult for people to enter the water, Glover said.

"The river's condition today, it has a little bit of current," said Donna Jackson with Caddo sheriff's marine unit Monday.

"It's like any other waterway or lake. If you don't know what's out there, the dangers like the drop off the jetty, this sort of thing can happen," she added. "We've been very fortunate in the last few years; everything has gone well. Unfortunately, this happened today."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/38533071/ns/us_news-life/t/six-teens-drown-trying-save-each-other-red-river-sinkhole/#.Uabs-JWE6pt

So the question is, why is the guy in the first story charged with attempted murder and the adults in the second story are not even charged with reckless endangerment? Is it because a white baby girl is worth much more than six black teens?  :hmm:

Viking

no, because everybody know blacks and arabs don't swim. Well, not you, but everybody else.

however, if you want a serious response to this....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

I can't swim either. Should I go to jail if I see somebody drowning and I don't go drown with him/her?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2013, 02:29:02 AM
I can't swim either. Should I go to jail if I see somebody drowning and I don't go drown with him/her?

Is that a hypothetical question or are you asking for legal advice?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

These were legal guardians of these kids. They couldnt swim and took non-swimming kids to play in a river. I don't know about your swamp, but here this constitutes reckless endangerment.

CountDeMoney

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on May 30, 2013, 02:46:42 AM

These were legal guardians of these kids. They couldnt swim and took non-swimming kids to play in a river. I don't know about your swamp, but here this constitutes reckless endangerment.

it's a lake. And yeah, you are right then :P

Eddie Teach

13 year olds are old enough to know not to jump in the water if they can't swim. Terrible analogy as always.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 30, 2013, 03:56:54 AM
13 year olds are old enough to know not to jump in the water if they can't swim. Terrible analogy as always.

not sure about your country, but here, legally speaking, Marty would be right. It's still insanely stupid from the kids, of course.

katmai

Has anyone actually seen this law degree that he proclaims to have?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

In that case I blame the vile and evil communist government which arranged your primary education for not "learning" you how to swim. ffs, Hungarians are good at swimming, Australia level of being good at swimming.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

I am torn at deciding who is stupidest in this very close contest.

I am going to go with stupid Polish person, by a slim margin.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned