News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who do you turn to for weather reports?

Started by garbon, May 23, 2013, 08:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Right now if I look at the weather, google lists 80% chance of precipitation.  My old stalwart the weather channel lists a 0% chance of precipitation. One of the two is certainly off base and I've found that historically they contradict one another. So I ask Languish, who is your trusted weather source?*

*at the moment I have none and generally feel like:

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

Weather.com and Accuweather (on my phone, Beautiful Widgets).  They both seem to line up pretty well.  I used to use Google on my phone, but I was sometimes getting strange info that wasn't reflecting what I was looking at outside so I switched the app over.

Grey Fox

Accuweather from HD Widgets. I had the same problem with google than MBM.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

I watch the rabbits at the shelter;  they start going bonkers when the barometric pressure drops, and toss their toys around.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

My Cell phone has a weather ap thing that came with it.  I have no idea what the source for its information is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

If my leg pains me, a storm is comin'. Then toss my toys around.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

Another vote for Accuweather; even the hour by hour prediction is pretty good.

Eddie Teach

I'm partial to the groping Amanda Seyfried method of weather forecasting as well.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Neil on May 24, 2013, 08:00:51 AM
Google is fucking useless for weather.

Yeah it does seem that way. From what I recall, I didn't get rained on last night.

@Teach - :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Ugh, apparently (according to wiki), weatherbug is the 2nd most checked weather site after weather.com.

Richard Hakluyt

I look out of the window and assume the weather will stay the same.

Unless it is pissing down with rain, in that case I consult the local BBC forecast for Preston and work out my best chance of avoiding rain whilst taking my constitutional.

Josquius

You know, I don't check the weather at all these days. I just take it for granted it will be reasonably fine and that someone will tell be if something freaky is to happen someday.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

I have noticed that good old Environment Canada tends to be much more accurate than the Weather Channel, or whatever weather app is on my iPod.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.