News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who do you turn to for weather reports?

Started by garbon, May 23, 2013, 08:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Brazen on May 24, 2013, 08:15:40 AM
Another vote for Accuweather; even the hour by hour prediction is pretty good.
This.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

I have the MyRadar Pro app for my iHipster;  it does a better job pushing out weather alerts than TWC app.
Has different map layers, radar types and also tracks hurricanes, tropical storms and other types of warnings.  Pretty cool to use.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Accuweather and Weather Underground. Both are really accurate from my perspective.

The nice thing about Accuweather is that it ties into a lot of different phone apps.
and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

Weather.com is usually the most solid for me.  I usually use the Android widget (Accuweather) because I'm lazy, but it's not always as accurate as weather.com.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2013, 08:08:20 AM
If my leg pains me, a storm is comin'. Then toss my toys around.

:D

I follow the Tricky method myself.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2013, 08:51:57 PM
Right now if I look at the weather, google lists 80% chance of precipitation.  My old stalwart the weather channel lists a 0% chance of precipitation. One of the two is certainly off base and I've found that historically they contradict one another. So I ask Languish, who is your trusted weather source?*

*at the moment I have none and generally feel like:

Météomédia.  The Weather Channel.  They are usually ok for big cities, but for the countryside, there's another one people keep referring me to, but I completely forgot.  It's a retired meteorologist with his own instruments, and for the area, he has better predictions than Environment Canada, wich closed a bunch of meteo stations all over the countryside, including the one in Quebec city.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.