Moore Oklahoma Obliterated by F5 Tornado, 24 dead, at least 9 of them kids

Started by jimmy olsen, May 20, 2013, 05:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Jacob on May 21, 2013, 05:56:39 PM
I understand that both of the Oklahoma senators voted against Hurricane Katrina aid. I wonder if they think Oklahoma will need federal aid now.

Ouch.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

It is the message board you are using right now.  You are looking at it it right now.  You are posting on it.  It's called Languish.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 21, 2013, 06:07:14 PM
It is the message board you are using right now.  You are looking at it it right now.  You are posting on it.  It's called Languish.

Ah, still waiting for the misquote.

MadBurgerMaker

I understand that both of the Oklahoma senators voted against Hurricane Katrina aid. I wonder if they think Oklahoma will need federal aid now.

I've seen some things saying they, or one of them, won't vote for it without some sort of offset/budget cuts elsewhere.  I also know at least one of them also voted against aid for Sandy as well, although that was because of a bunch of extra shit that had apparently been thrown in there with it.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2013, 06:09:20 PM

Post 82. You removed part of my post. You threw a fit over the same thing accusing me of misquoting you so I figured that was an issue dear to your heart.

garbon

I think in general, state officials are encouraged to help their own states and not care about others. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 21, 2013, 06:11:28 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2013, 06:09:20 PM

Post 82. You removed part of my post. You threw a fit over the same thing accusing me of misquoting you so I figured that was an issue dear to your heart.

I only needed to address your first sentence. Not the second one. Hence no misquote.

Razgovory

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Stop stealing my bits from the first page.  :mad:

Admiral Yi

Does anyone know what that money goes for when they vote for FEMA money after a disaster?

CountDeMoney

I know they show up cutting a lot of checks for victims and housing for rent and damage recovery, and shitload of low interest loans for businesses.  I think farmers get something like $500K max for livestock losses and business continuity.

But I don't have a degree in Emergency Management, so how the fuck should I know.

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2013, 07:55:56 PM
But I don't have a degree in Emergency Management, so how the fuck should I know.

That is a degree that can get hired right out of college.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM