Moore Oklahoma Obliterated by F5 Tornado, 24 dead, at least 9 of them kids

Started by jimmy olsen, May 20, 2013, 05:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 21, 2013, 01:23:30 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2013, 09:44:22 AM

You are ignoring me. Continue to do so. No take backs.

I've shifted over to just disdain.
Not allowed and

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Pick one.  You are telling me what to do and feigning disinterest at the same time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 21, 2013, 02:03:44 PM
Pick one.  You are telling me what to do and feigning disinterest at the same time.

You're the one who stated you were ignoring me after your tantrum, then backed-off that. Make up your mind or can you? I am merely helping stick to your guns. Or can you even do that?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

11B4V

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2013, 02:06:44 PM

You're the one who stated you were ignoring me after your tantrum, then backed-off that. Make up your mind or can you? I am merely helping stick to your guns. Or can you even do that?

I didn't say I was going to ignore you forever.  I'd prefer if it you just tried to be honest instead of plaing with more guns.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 21, 2013, 04:38:02 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2013, 02:06:44 PM

I didn't say I was going to ignore you forever. 

God Damn it!  :P

Razgovory

crazy canuck

This morning the radio news guy was interviewing someone from world vision or somesuch aid organization.  The news guy asked the aid person, "with such massive destruction where do they start to address all the need - lack of food, water, housing for the survivors etc etc.

She paused and said the first thing they do whenever the enter a disaster zone is pray.  So I turned stations to see if someone a bit more sane was being interviewed.  The other station had a Salvation Army volunteer on.   He seemed matter of fact in describing all the destruction and so I thought I had a good source.  But then when asked what his organization was doing on the ground to help the survivors he said they held a number of prayer vigils before they did anything else.

This is one of the reasons I carefully screen the aid agencies before donating to ensure they wont be spending money sending people to pray.

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 20, 2013, 06:26:54 PM
There have been less of them in the last couple years. Like a little over half the normal number. I guess they're saving it all up to blow all at once.
:huh: We had a really, really bad tornado year in 2011.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 21, 2013, 04:57:32 PM
This morning the radio news guy was interviewing someone from world vision or somesuch aid organization.  The news guy asked the aid person, "with such massive destruction where do they start to address all the need - lack of food, water, housing for the survivors etc etc.

She paused and said the first thing they do whenever the enter a disaster zone is pray.  So I turned stations to see if someone a bit more sane was being interviewed.  The other station had a Salvation Army volunteer on.   He seemed matter of fact in describing all the destruction and so I thought I had a good source.  But then when asked what his organization was doing on the ground to help the survivors he said they held a number of prayer vigils before they did anything else.

This is one of the reasons I carefully screen the aid agencies before donating to ensure they wont be spending money sending people to pray.

Yeah weird, though it fits right in with the Oklahoma governors' policy toward disasters:

http://newsok.com/article/3762205

OKLAHOMA CITY – In light of the sustained drought, Governor Mary Fallin today asked all Oklahomans to set aside time this Sunday, July 17, to pray for rain.
"I encourage Oklahomans of all faiths to join me this Sunday in offering their prayers for rain," Fallin said. "For the safety of our firefighters and our communities and the well-being of our crops and livestock, this state needs the current drought to come to an end. The power of prayer is a wonderful thing, and I would ask every Oklahoman to look to a greater power this weekend and ask for rain."

Secretary of Agriculture Jim Reese said he appreciated the governor's call for prayer and would be saying his own this Sunday.

"Farmers across the state are really suffering under these conditions," said Reese. "I'm glad the governor is issuing this call to prayer, and I hope it helps deliver the rain we need soon."

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/oklahoma-tornado-governor-mary-fallin-91658.html

"Oklahoma City has rebounded. It has rebuilt. Oklahoma people are very strong, and they will make it through this, but we're going to need a lot of prayer and a lot of support to get back on our feet."

http://www.ontheissues.org/house/Mary_Fallin.htm
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 21, 2013, 04:57:32 PM

You know the Salvation Army is a church right?  Prayer is kinda their thing.

11B4V

Jacob

I understand that both of the Oklahoma senators voted against Hurricane Katrina aid. I wonder if they think Oklahoma will need federal aid now.