News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 08:42:56 AM
The Eye of Trump is already shifting from Ted to Hillary. And he has the advantage of (contrary to any exceptations) her still facing an internal opponent, while him having destroyed all internal competition. He has already said in an interview for Fox News (yes I watch Fox News now :P) this morning that he feels like he is going to use the line from Sanders about Hillary having displayed poor judgement repeatedly in the past a lot in the coming months.

And apparently he has already started to channel some Bernie Bros who say of the two evils, Trump is the lesser one than Hillary.

I think if the general election was held today, Hillary would win, but there is still 6 months to go.

She is not really attacking Sanders much since she needs the Bernie-Bros support in the end. So she can hammer back at Trump without much distraction. Besides, as I said, she only needs 181 more delegates with over a thousand left to go.

Six months is a long time for Trump to not piss off the far leftists with some gaff as well :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2016, 08:44:18 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 08:42:56 AM
The Eye of Trump is already shifting from Ted to Hillary. And he has the advantage of (contrary to any exceptations) her still facing an internal opponent, while him having destroyed all internal competition. He has already said in an interview for Fox News (yes I watch Fox News now :P) this morning that he feels like he is going to use the line from Sanders about Hillary having displayed poor judgement repeatedly in the past a lot in the coming months.

And apparently he has already started to channel some Bernie Bros who say of the two evils, Trump is the lesser one than Hillary.

I think if the general election was held today, Hillary would win, but there is still 6 months to go.

She is not really attacking Sanders much since she needs the Bernie-Bros support in the end. So she can hammer back at Trump without much distraction. Besides, as I said, she only needs 181 more delegates with over a thousand left to go.

True. It's going to be brutal when those two get at it in the end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on May 04, 2016, 08:29:24 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 04:42:02 AM
There is a reason Donald has a growing gay following. ;)
is it the hair?

Could be.  I think it more likely that, like all communities, the gay community is not immune to having idiots among them.

Legbiter

Cruz two-pieced his wife in the face at the concession speech.  :hmm:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Lettow77

Attacking Goldman Sachs investors is probably a very popular move with the electorate, but that's much, much too late to help his campaign.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

He was elected because he was the 'not-Dewhurst' candidate. He seems to have decided that meant he was the chosen one or something. I hope this election puts a fork in his delusions of grandeur.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

How would a bad election year spell the end of the GOP?  We have such a strong two-party system that the GOP will bounce back; whatever damage Trump is doing or will do won't be permanent.  I mean, just imagine the first mid-term election under a Hillary presidency.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2016, 10:10:05 AM
How would a bad election year spell the end of the GOP?  We have such a strong two-party system that the GOP will bounce back; whatever damage Trump is doing or will do won't be permanent.  I mean, just imagine the first mid-term election under a Hillary presidency.

No idea. The GOP survived Harding they can survive this. Eventually they will cease to be the party of angry reactionaries and have interesting platforms again.

garbon

I don't think it is about the election but rather about what is the 'soul' of the party going forward. Not dead but certainly it cannot remain the same.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

That is true.  I think the fickleness of the voters is a much bigger cause of political dysfunction in the country than is widely recognized.  Yeah, it's easy to blame the "politicians", or the two party establishments for carving out oligopoly for themselves.  It's hard to even reach a realization that when the two parties win and lose on schedule, the parties are not held accountable for their actions.

Martinus

Mike Huckabee just said Trump is the best what could happen to GOP.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 10:27:33 AM
Mike Huckabee just said Trump is the best what could happen to GOP.

..by burning it to the ground so they can rebuild? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Nobody except Sheilbh cares what Mike Huckabee has to say.

Martinus

No, he said he has a much better chance to win against Hillary than Cruz could, he praised him for bringing new voters to the party and for being a pragmatist rather than an ideologue.