News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on March 29, 2016, 09:54:43 AM
While tempting, the end of western civilization is a bit of a steep price to pay just to shove it to hypersensitive millennials.

:lol:

My views on the Trump thing in a nutshell.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2016, 09:23:24 AM
Hey Trump set himself as the King of Racists - so not surprising that people consider using his name as akin to a racist remark.

Ok I get Trump says some out of control shit but come on. Is supporting the leading Republican candidate for President something that destroys an inclusive community? I mean an inclusive community that bans all Republicans as racists does not seem very inclusive. Which is why I have a hard time believing this crap is real. I mean I went to two pretty left wing Universities and this would never have happened.

I mean what if somebody supports Trump for his populist anti-exporting jobs statements? Is that racist? Is it fair to just assume every single Republican who supports Trump is such a racist they should be banned from campus without even having a discussion about it?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Let's agree to disagree. :P

Edit: That was in response to celedhring and Malthus.

Valmy

While tempting, the end of western civilization is a bit of a steep price to pay just to shove it to hypersensitive millennials.

Marty's way of thinking really worries me though. Shitloads of people vote just to troll somebody and that kind of pisses me off. This is a civic duty not a twitter spat.

Well not Marty specifically, as a foreigner he has no obligation to take our insane bullshit politics seriously.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Legbiter

Quote from: Malthus on March 29, 2016, 09:55:34 AM

:lol:

My views on the Trump thing in a nutshell.

Agree to disagree.  :hmm:  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2016, 10:05:10 AM

Marty's way of thinking really worries me though. Shitloads of people vote just to troll somebody and that kind of pisses me off. This is a civic duty not a twitter spat.

Well not Marty specifically, as a foreigner he has no obligation to take our insane bullshit politics seriously.

Voting is like the right to watch TV.  If I don't want to watch TV, I don't :contract:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on March 29, 2016, 10:45:10 AM
Voting is like the right to watch TV.  If I don't want to watch TV, I don't :contract:

Voting is not a right. It is a duty and an obligation.

Jaron

"End of western civilization" is a bit extreme. What exactly do people think Trump is going to do?

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on March 29, 2016, 10:46:17 AM
"End of western civilization" is a bit extreme. What exactly do people think Trump is going to do?

Be racist. Super racist. So racist you will not even believe it.

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2016, 10:46:58 AM

Are we going to be so racist we're going to get sick of being racist?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2016, 10:46:03 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 29, 2016, 10:45:10 AM

Voting is not a right. It is a duty and an obligation.

No.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2016, 10:46:58 AM

We survived Wilson, didn't we.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 29, 2016, 10:51:12 AM
No.

Well of course you would say that, having grown up in a totalitarian state. Big brother will watch over Marty.

celedhring

Obviously, I was being facetious with the "end of civilization" comment, but the point stands. The damage inflicted to our shared interests isn't worth the trolling potential of a Trump presidency. Valmy summed it up quite well.