2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2016, 12:35:48 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2016, 12:22:18 PM
Yeah happy whama blama Tuesday everybody! Please do your duty.

I off to my polling place in an hour. Decided to opt in for in-person rather than just mailing it in. :swiss:

Wait, what? Where you at?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 01, 2016, 12:54:56 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2016, 12:35:48 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2016, 12:22:18 PM
Yeah happy whama blama Tuesday everybody! Please do your duty.

I off to my polling place in an hour. Decided to opt in for in-person rather than just mailing it in. :swiss:

Wait, what? Where you at?

Overseas!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on March 01, 2016, 07:10:11 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on February 29, 2016, 09:18:59 PM
My opinion of the party of Abraham Lincoln has taken a hit as well.  Not that it matters, of course.
Republicans are the party of Southern Democrats now in all but the name.

They are the party of the banks and Wall Street, same as the Whigs before them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 01, 2016, 01:46:16 PM
Good point, but that plutocrat element is the only element that remained in that party.

Eddie Teach

All other alliances are temporary.

Well, they're also still the party of religious buzzkills(see Temperance movement).

garbon

Wow very big line for overseas voter. Got a sticker for both campaigns. Only rocking Hillary's.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

Only a few people in line at my Virginia voting station.  Quick and easy.  John Kasich now has one additional vote.

garbon

Hillary cardboard cutout. Apparently some party going to happen on Saturday with Hil's brother as special guest.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Berkut

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 01, 2016, 01:46:16 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 01, 2016, 07:10:11 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on February 29, 2016, 09:18:59 PM
My opinion of the party of Abraham Lincoln has taken a hit as well.  Not that it matters, of course.
Republicans are the party of Southern Democrats now in all but the name.

Sadly there is no party that is not the party of banks and Wall Street.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2016, 02:28:45 PM
Only a few people in line at my Virginia voting station.  Quick and easy.  John Kasich now has one additional vote.

#empowered
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Throwing your vote away, eh?  :P

alfred russel

I'm telling you the same thing I told my father--who actually switched to the republican party just to vote against trump and then voted for kasich--you are a trump enabler.

I get it the idea--if I had a choice to unilaterally pick the president among all the candidates remaining--democrat and republican--kasich could easily be my choice. But he isn't going to win, and won't get any delegates out of Virginia. Rubio or Cruz might.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014