News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Come the inauguration could we have one stickied thread for the Trump presidency?

That way we could retire this one and some of the other trump threads, which would then leave more room for future specific or crisis threads about aspects of the Trump administration.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 16, 2016, 03:22:35 PM
When will Marty go through his Hillary stage I wonder.

Marty has gone through a lot of stages over the past 15+ years, but he has been consistent on not liking women and not liking old people. I don't think he is going to go through such a stage.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

I am not sure I will. Too many of my friends and people I like and respect dislike her and I think she represents what is corrupt with the US politics.

I will give you that currently my preference for the US President would have been:

Bernie
Trump
Clinton

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on November 16, 2016, 04:04:12 PM

Marty has gone through a lot of stages over the past 15+ years, but he has been consistent on not liking women and not liking old people. I don't think he is going to go through such a stage.

Pretty much all my best friends are women. Why would I dislike women?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on November 16, 2016, 04:20:50 PM
I am not sure I will.

I was mocking the rapid turnover in your political crushes.  :secret:

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on November 16, 2016, 04:21:44 PM

Because Milo doesn't like women.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2016, 04:31:53 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 16, 2016, 04:21:44 PM

Because Milo doesn't like women.

:rolleyes:

viper37

I am not sure I will. Too many of my friends and people I like and respect dislike her and I think she represents what is corrupt with the US politics.

I will give you that currently my preference for the US President would have been:

Bernie
Trump
Clinton
there's not much differences between Bernie and Trump.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on November 16, 2016, 04:38:57 PM

Bernie
Trump
Clinton
there's not much differences between Bernie and Trump.

Uhm, there is.

dps

Quote from: Martinus on November 16, 2016, 11:40:14 AM
I gotta say I am surprised by Bernie being so disliked here. He was clearly the superior candidate to both Trump and Clinton.

He's almost certainly a better person than either of them, but policy-wise he's way too far to the left to win a US Presidential election.  He would have done worse than Hilary in the general.

Barrister

Quote from: dps on November 16, 2016, 05:18:50 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 16, 2016, 11:40:14 AM
I gotta say I am surprised by Bernie being so disliked here. He was clearly the superior candidate to both Trump and Clinton.

He's almost certainly a better person than either of them, but policy-wise he's way too far to the left to win a US Presidential election.  He would have done worse than Hilary in the general.

It's not as if this election was decided on policy grounds anyways! :lol:

It's impossible to say how Bernie would have done.  He would have had more support from younger voters, and his populist tone would have eaten into Trump support in the midwest.  Black and latino voters however would have stayed away from the polls in droves.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

I would have voted for Bernie. At least he's a decent human being, if deluded.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

If Bernie had won the primary, white college-educated working women would have been all butthurt and voted for Jill Stein.  :P

Valmy

The day I am picking between a Bernie and a Trump will be a dark day. But that is basically going to be 2020, literally in Trump's case.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."