2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 09, 2016, 12:30:17 AM
Now we have President Trump, with control of the Senate, the House, and soon to be the Supreme Court.
So 4+ years of Republican dominance. But not the "Morning in America" of Reagan, or the "Compassionate Conservatism" of Bush, but the fringe-right fascism of Trump.

I wonder if he will even give lip service to the idea of being an inclusive president for all Americans, or if he will be in straight out  :nelson: mode.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

@HVC It's ok to marry foreigners as long as you're 'Murican.... right, The Donald? :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

saskganesh

Quote from: LaCroix on November 09, 2016, 12:24:01 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 09, 2016, 12:22:10 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on November 09, 2016, 12:17:39 AM
in other news, north dakota passed medical marijuana :)

Is there a chance of Trump + Congress can overturn these votes?

maybe, but I don't know if trump will. I don't remember him saying much about marijuana

There's  certainly room to maneuver with the Republicans on the medical, as at the state level, Republican legislators have passed or introduced various forms of cannabis regulation.
humans were created in their own image

citizen k

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2016, 12:09:37 AM
Tonight is the 78th anniversary of Kristallnacht.  How fitting for such a blatantly antisemitic campaign.

And the Beer Hall Putsch.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Hamilcar

It's also the 18th Brumaire according to the revolutionary calendar.

PRC

I'm having trouble believing it.  This must be an alternate dimension.

Tonitrus

Quote from: derspiess on November 09, 2016, 12:31:15 AM
The Fox News panel is incredulous.  Resisting the temptation to turn to MSNBC.

Maddow has already gone from apparent shocked sorrow to full on spiteful rage.  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 09, 2016, 12:31:15 AM
The Fox News panel is incredulous.  Resisting the temptation to turn to MSNBC.

You'll just see Steve Schmidt, Michael Steele and Nicolle Wallace sitting around, wondering where their party went.

Schmidt said that the Party of Reagan was officially buried tonight, so he's right on that regard.

Admiral Yi

I wonder what kind of White House interns Donald's going to end up with.  :lmfao:

I seriously think there's a very good chance of the US pitching into deep recession starting tomorrow.

Caliga

Clinton wins Nevada.

Not that it matters anymore, but hey.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on November 09, 2016, 12:30:35 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 09, 2016, 12:29:50 AM
I had a Lebanon bologna sandwich in Philly a couple weeks ago.  Much better than the crappy version we get at Kroger.
Lebanon bologna is indeed quite delicious. :cool:

That it is.  For some reason the Boar's Head version they have at my Kroger deli gives me heartburn.  Seltzers never did that
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2016, 12:35:44 AM
I wonder what kind of White House interns Donald's going to end up with.  :lmfao:

I seriously think there's a very good chance of the US pitching into deep recession starting tomorrow.

You know what the worst thing I've read tonight here is? That Spicy put his portfolio in order counting on this, and still voted for Trump.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on November 09, 2016, 12:36:18 AM
That it is.  For some reason the Boar's Head version they have at my Kroger deli gives me heartburn.  Seltzers never did that
Boar's Head :x