2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2016, 10:37:49 AM
That woman's always been a squirrel.  But I'll wait for derspiess' big announcement about Joan Baez.

Pretty sure she & Jill Stein are the same person.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Goring's life going down the tubes?

Two former aides of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie were found guilty of closing down Fort Lee, NJ, lanes to the George Washington Bridge to punish that borough's mayor for not endorsing the governor's re-election.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/04/chris-christie-aides-found-guilty-in-bridgegate-trial/
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

https://www.rt.com/politics/365236-us-ban-on-russian-elections/

QuoteRussia's elections chief has told reporters that Russia's decision to opt out of monitoring US polling stations during the upcoming presidential election is proof that Russia is not attempting to influence the vote.

"In light of repeated statements accusing Russia of attempting to influence elections in some way, made in the heat of the ongoing campaign, the fact that we are not participating [in the monitoring mission] can be seen as a proof that we have no intention of influencing anything at all. We want only to avoid additional accusations that we are allegedly seeking influence through monitoring," Ella Pamfilova told reporters on Thursday, as quoted by RIA Novosti.

:huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Well at least someone is taking the high road in this election.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on November 04, 2016, 10:22:26 AM
The comedy is that right now you can pick and choose which reality you want to live in.  :lol:

Yeah basically, but this has been the case for many years now, unfortunately.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 04, 2016, 11:30:29 AM
The comedy is that right now you can pick and choose which reality you want to live in.  :lol:

I don't know that's quite the case though.

I know the liberal-leaning news sources have been quite heavily pro-Clinton, but the conservative-leaning news sources have been split.  Sure cites like Breitbart have gone full-Trump, but even cites like NRO (which Hansmeister used to get mocked about linking stories from) have been equally anti-Trump and anti-Clinton.

This years election has been quite different from those in the past.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 04, 2016, 11:37:28 AM

I know the liberal-leaning news sources have been quite heavily pro-Clinton, but the conservative-leaning news sources have been split.  Sure cites like Breitbart have gone full-Trump, but even cites like NRO (which Hansmeister used to get mocked about linking stories from) have been equally anti-Trump and anti-Clinton.

I don't see how this is proof that it isn't the case. Just that there are more than two realities you can choose from.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I like the bit of false equivalency here. After all, given what a garbage human being (let alone candidate) that Trump is, it isn't surprising that even the lightest tinged liberally touched news site would post positive things about Clinton. Conservatives are only split because some are willing to recognize how garbage Trump is and some are not - holding tight to partisan purity.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on November 04, 2016, 11:40:24 AM
After all, given what a garbage human being (let alone candidate) that Trump is, it isn't surprising that even the lightest tinged liberally touched news site would post positive things about Clinton.

That doesn't logically follow.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2016, 11:44:02 AM
After all, given what a garbage human being (let alone candidate) that Trump is, it isn't surprising that even the lightest tinged liberally touched news site would post positive things about Clinton.

That doesn't logically follow.

Insofar as she is a candidate that people should vote for over Trump? I think it does.

Though I suppose I should never have accepted the premise as I don't think there have been many, if any, news organizations with fulsome praise for Clinton. Too much viewership to gain with highlighting what the public loves, stories of Clinton looking bad. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

I like the bit of false equivalency here. After all, given what a garbage human being (let alone candidate) that Trump is, it isn't surprising that even the lightest tinged liberally touched news site would post positive things about Clinton. Conservatives are only split because some are willing to recognize how garbage Trump is and some are not - holding tight to partisan purity.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't see where the "false equivalency" is here?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Long Newsweek article about how Russia attempts to meddle in elections, particularly the American one: http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-russia-hillary-clinton-united-states-europe-516895

Not that anyone will care.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.