Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2016, 11:37:33 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 27, 2016, 11:33:27 AM
Trump Calls on Russia to Hack and Release Clinton Emails

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html

Misleading headline.  He was just being a smartass.

edit: what's way worse IMO is Trump refusing to state that Putin shouldn't meddle in this election.

Can't read the article.  How can you tell he was being a smartass?  Putin really wants to see a man elected who will destroy NATO.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 27, 2016, 11:55:20 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html

edit: what's way worse IMO is Trump refusing to state that Putin shouldn't meddle in this election.

Can't read the article.  How can you tell he was being a smartass?  Putin really wants to see a man elected who will destroy NATO.

Quote"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Mr. Trump said, staring directly into the cameras. "I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

To me he was just taking an opportunity to go after Hillary over her deleted emails.  It's what he said later that should be more troubling:

QuoteBut at the news conference at one of his Florida golf courses, as the third day of the Democratic National Convention was set to begin in Philadelphia, the Republican presidential nominee refused to unequivocally call on Vladimir V. Putin, Russia's president, to not meddle in the United States' presidential election.

"I'm not going to tell Putin what to do," Mr. Trump said. "Why should I tell Putin what to do?"
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: merithyn on July 27, 2016, 11:51:07 AM
Quote from: dps on July 27, 2016, 07:21:16 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 26, 2016, 10:02:17 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 26, 2016, 08:43:46 PM
Quote from: merithyn on July 26, 2016, 06:57:03 PM
It took 12 years, but I finally found a post of yours that I truly respect. :hug: ;)
I think Otto and Yi have always been the two conservatives on Languish you can have an interesting discussion with, without being bombarded with stupid fascist shit.

:(

Meh, I don't like being called a fascist, either.

And I'm still trying to remember which Languish conservatives are anti free trade.  I do seem to recall someone here who is generally conservative being protectionist, but I can't remember who it was.

EDIT:  Ok, apparently that wasn't about anyone here.  Sure sounded like it, though.

I didn't call anyone a fascist. I was very specific in whom I was talking to, and it had nothing to do with his being conservative or otherwise.

Wasn't you;  it was DGuller who basically called all the conservatives here (except OvB and Yi) fascists.

derspiess

I'd like to see some examples of the "stupid fascist shit" DG is being bombarded with.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2016, 12:59:20 PM
I'd like to see some examples of the "stupid fascist shit" DG is being bombarded with.

Ed Anger claiming he is Hitler.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2016, 11:59:02 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 27, 2016, 11:55:20 AM

Quote"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Mr. Trump said, staring directly into the cameras. "I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

To me he was just taking an opportunity to go after Hillary over her deleted emails.  It's what he said later that should be more troubling:

QuoteBut at the news conference at one of his Florida golf courses, as the third day of the Democratic National Convention was set to begin in Philadelphia, the Republican presidential nominee refused to unequivocally call on Vladimir V. Putin, Russia's president, to not meddle in the United States' presidential election.

"I'm not going to tell Putin what to do," Mr. Trump said. "Why should I tell Putin what to do?"

I don't think he'd be unhappy if the Russians did exactly as he asked.  I don't think the Russians would be unhappy if he does what he says he'll do.  They make a good partnership.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 27, 2016, 01:14:11 PM
I don't think he'd be unhappy if the Russians did exactly as he asked.  I don't think the Russians would be unhappy if he does what he says he'll do.  They make a good partnership.

Agree.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2016, 01:06:59 PM

Well, Ed and Adolph do share two things in common:  one pair of testicles between them. 
UND ZEE BOOYAH #AndrewDiceGoebbels

Phillip V

"If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/758335147183788032

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2016, 01:06:59 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2016, 12:59:20 PM

I'd sent DG to a camp.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

frunk

Sounds like Trump's reset button is going to be bigger and shinier.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Seriously, Trump getting elected as president is the greatest security risk facing the US.