And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Malthus on July 27, 2016, 09:29:34 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 27, 2016, 09:19:49 AM

You're a Canadian so I think the assumption has always been in U.S. terms you'd be a Democrat, maybe a centrist Dem, but still a Dem.

I can't imagine what sort of ravening lunatic a Canadian would have to be, to be considered the equivalent of a US Republican these days.  :lol:

Isn't Ted Cruz Canadian?  If so there is no need to imagine :contract:

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

You're a Canadian so I think the assumption has always been in U.S. terms you'd be a Democrat, maybe a centrist Dem, but still a Dem.

I can't imagine what sort of ravening lunatic a Canadian would have to be, to be considered the equivalent of a US Republican these days.  :lol:

Mark Steyn ;)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2016, 10:03:37 AM
Well he's got you there Malthus.

Cruz may have been born in Canada, but he ain't a Canadian right now.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2016, 10:04:41 AM

Mark Steyn ;)

True. And he sounds like a lunatic.

QuoteCalling the whole thing "insane," Steyn said, "The Hillary Rodham Clinton presidency will be the death of the republic and the complete descent into banana republic status."

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/mark-steyn-republicans-vote-hillary-clinton/2016/05/16/id/729071/#ixzz4Fcgc8YAI
Urgent: Do You Back Trump or Hillary? Vote Here Now!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

OttoVonBismarck

I think Cruz, at least claimed, to have renounced his Canadian citizenship when he started his Presidential ambitions.

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on July 27, 2016, 10:25:04 AM
True. And he sounds like a lunatic.

He has a cool accent, though.  Sounds like Bentley from The Jeffersons.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

That reminds me: where's Neil been these days?

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 27, 2016, 10:57:10 AM

That reminds me: where's Neil been these days?

He has not posted regularly for years but he comes by from time to time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Phillip V on July 27, 2016, 11:33:27 AM
Trump Calls on Russia to Hack and Release Clinton Emails

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html

Misleading headline.  He was just being a smartass.

edit: what's way worse IMO is Trump refusing to state that Putin shouldn't meddle in this election.

lustindarkness

It will be even funnier when both Hillary and Trump get hacked and all their dirty laundry leaked.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

merithyn

Quote from: dps on July 27, 2016, 07:21:16 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 26, 2016, 10:02:17 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 26, 2016, 08:43:46 PM
Quote from: merithyn on July 26, 2016, 06:57:03 PM
It took 12 years, but I finally found a post of yours that I truly respect. :hug: ;)
I think Otto and Yi have always been the two conservatives on Languish you can have an interesting discussion with, without being bombarded with stupid fascist shit.

:(

Meh, I don't like being called a fascist, either.

And I'm still trying to remember which Languish conservatives are anti free trade.  I do seem to recall someone here who is generally conservative being protectionist, but I can't remember who it was.

EDIT:  Ok, apparently that wasn't about anyone here.  Sure sounded like it, though.

I didn't call anyone a fascist. I was very specific in whom I was talking to, and it had nothing to do with his being conservative or otherwise.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

FunkMonk

Benedict Donald* is just really mad that the DNC is getting better ratings than his convention, so he's going full cray cray to get some of that sweet jazz back onto him. Brilliant stuff.

*shamelessly stolen from another forum
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.