News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you like Led Zeppelin and/or Pink Floyd?

Started by Caliga, April 22, 2013, 04:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like Led Zeppelin and/or Pink Floyd?

Both
33 (68.8%)
Led Zeppelin only
5 (10.4%)
Pink Floyd only
4 (8.3%)
Neither
5 (10.4%)
Led Jaron
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2013, 12:17:34 PM
I agree that Owner of a Lonely Heart is atypical for Yes, but it's still a good song.

Hello, junior high flashbacks!  Gee, bring up The Romantics while you're at it.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2013, 02:36:02 PM
I agree that Owner of a Lonely Heart is atypical for Yes, but it's still a good song.

I shudder to think about all the near miss car accidents we had during highschool because of "I wear my sunglasses at night"!

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 24, 2013, 03:28:54 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2013, 02:36:02 PM

I shudder to think about all the near miss car accidents we had during highschool because of "I wear my sunglasses at night"!

:lol:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on April 24, 2013, 12:26:07 PM
At the show last night, there were a lot of 20-something hipsters.  some cute chicks too.

And while Steve Wilson has been making music since the 80s, he's only really started making a name since the mid-90s. He's now also the go-to guy for remixing all the old classic proggie albums.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2013, 10:07:36 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 23, 2013, 10:05:17 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 22, 2013, 04:32:27 PM
I was making a classic rock CD earlier for an upcoming car trip and got into a discussion with my bro about this.  For some reason I used to hate Led Zeppelin (don't recall why), but in the process of building out the playlist I threw some Zeppelin in there anyway.  Driving around @ lunch and listening to Kashmir, it kinda hammered itself into my head and now I can't get it out, which I think means that I like it.

I'm thinking for a while there was some kind of backlash against liking Zeppelin and so maybe I got sucked into that, or maybe it was the only angsty teenagers are allowed to like them.

I've always thought Pink Floyd was ok and have always loved Comfortably Numb, but think they might fall into the same 'only teenagers are allowed to like these guys' category.
I can't stand Pinky Floyd or Rush, but I don't mind a song or two from Led Zepp.

Every time I play "Subdivisions" I'll think of you.  :P

Me, I love both Zep and Floyd - and for that matter, prog. Including Rush.  :D

Woah, you've gone up in my estimation. :D

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on October 26, 2015, 04:49:11 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2013, 10:07:36 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 23, 2013, 10:05:17 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 22, 2013, 04:32:27 PM
I was making a classic rock CD earlier for an upcoming car trip and got into a discussion with my bro about this.  For some reason I used to hate Led Zeppelin (don't recall why), but in the process of building out the playlist I threw some Zeppelin in there anyway.  Driving around @ lunch and listening to Kashmir, it kinda hammered itself into my head and now I can't get it out, which I think means that I like it.

I'm thinking for a while there was some kind of backlash against liking Zeppelin and so maybe I got sucked into that, or maybe it was the only angsty teenagers are allowed to like them.

I've always thought Pink Floyd was ok and have always loved Comfortably Numb, but think they might fall into the same 'only teenagers are allowed to like these guys' category.
I can't stand Pinky Floyd or Rush, but I don't mind a song or two from Led Zepp.

Every time I play "Subdivisions" I'll think of you.  :P

Me, I love both Zep and Floyd - and for that matter, prog. Including Rush.  :D

Woah, you've gone up in my estimation. :D

You bumped a six month old thread to say that?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 26, 2015, 06:50:45 PM
I have never answered this question.  :hmm:

You don't have to worry, I answered it years ago.  :bowler:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.