News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Company of Heroes 2 beta

Started by Razgovory, April 16, 2013, 06:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

So previoulsy you had to shill out some some cash and pre-order the game to get into the beta.  Now you just have to "like" them on facebook.  I'm tempted...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

This should have been in the games forum.  Could someone move it over there.  Sorry. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Queequeg

MMMMMMMY MY MMMY PAAAAAAAAAANTTTTTTTSSSSS
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Grey Fox

It's worth a try, of course. It's suppose to be pretty good.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Gave it shot.  Plays pretty much like the last one.  That's not really a bad thing, still I suck at it.

sbr

I don't like RTS games, mostly because I am bad at them too.  I wish I liked them because this one is supposed to be really good.

Razgovory

Not being good at something never bothered me.  Mostly I like the spectacle of these type of games.

Grey Fox

Shit, age has not being kind to me. I've got my ass handed to me, twice, by the standard AI.

Mortars kicking my ass.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 17, 2013, 08:25:55 PM
Shit, age has not being kind to me. I've got my ass handed to me, twice, by the standard AI.

Mortars kicking my ass.

Yeah, so did I.  Tried a multiplayer match but wasn't anymore successful.

Syt

Bought the first one when it was on sale, but it was far too hectic for me, even in the tutorial missions.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

I played the first one (SP) with lots of pausing. In MP I got my ass kicked.

JonasSalk

I've played a few games of it with and without friends. It's honestly just too fast-paced for me to be able to keep up. If I'm in my base building something, my units are dying, and if I'm not in my base building, I'm falling behind on production and will lose. It's insane.
Yuman

Syt

The game is out for 49.99. For an extra 30 bucks you get the digital deluxe thingie:

The Digital Collector's Edition includes the following:

Vehicle Skin Combo Pack
- 24 Vehicle Skins

Exclusive Collector Faceplate
- Collector's Edition Faceplate with Integrated Badge

Commander Archetypes
- Soviet Commanders
--- Anti-Infantry Tactics
--- Conscript Support Tactics
--- Terror Tactics
- German Commanders
--- Joint Operations Doctrine
--- Spearhead Doctrine

Commander Pass
- Access to Five Commander Archetype's Available Post-Launch (same a above?)

Theater of War Mini Pack

Post Launch Content Bundle (skins/commanders mentioned above?)

Company of Heroes Complete Pack
- The Award Winning Game Collection that Started it All

You can get the 24 skins and 5 commander types as DLC, too, for a combined 50+ EUR/USD.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Choice comment on Steam forum:

QuoteWhy so anti Soviet?

Why so much hate to soviets? U know i live in Russia and i am proud that i was born and live for some time in Soviet Union. You include Soviet camping in game and make soviets look like monsters. The only good person in game is Lev Abramovich Isaakovich wtf is that rly? there is 0 Russian names like that if i want to be a jew i would play games about jews and not soviets. Absolutly rasict game. Will not buy it after i know details about campaing. Btw 90% of Russian citizens proud about their soviet past.
:bleeding:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/864971660969613070/

(devolves into "The West has its history wrong! Soviet Union was OSSUM!" within a few posts)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Queequeg

TBH the double patronymic does sound kind of weird. Should be something like Lev Avramovitch Bergstein or something.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."