News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Languisha (Pax Porfiriana MP)

Started by Habbaku, April 08, 2013, 10:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I have just realized something: how am I supposed to differentiate between what's in my hand, and what I have played?

Tamas

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on April 10, 2013, 01:40:21 PM
I have just realized something: how am I supposed to differentiate between what's in my hand, and what I have played?

Keep your hand cards in the black area of your color tab and all your in-play cards below that.

Alternatively, we can pick quadrants (up, down, left, right) of the board and situate all our stuff there, leaving our color tabs as only in-hand stuff.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I am still graoking the rules and such. Give me some time and I will be cranking.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on April 11, 2013, 04:56:27 PM

Keep your hand cards in the black area of your color tab and all your in-play cards below that.

Alternatively, we can pick quadrants (up, down, left, right) of the board and situate all our stuff there, leaving our color tabs as only in-hand stuff.

there is a black area on the color tab? :o

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on April 12, 2013, 01:56:23 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 11, 2013, 04:56:27 PM

there is a black area on the color tab? :o

Looks like I was running an older version of the module that had that black area.  The new versions don't have one, alas.

So, as a proposal, I put forth that we should just pick a quadrant each of the main map--top, bottom, etc.--to place our deployed cards.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

You can place your leader card and deployed cards next to/under it, per the rules. Of course, the hand is supposed to be secret but those player boxes are visible to all.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 12, 2013, 01:57:26 PM
You can place your leader card and deployed cards next to/under it, per the rules. Of course, the hand is supposed to be secret but those player boxes are visible to all.

Hands being visible don't really matter that much, I would think.  Anyone with an excellent memory is going to recall what people are buying from the market.  There is no real hidden information in the game other than what cards have been used to randomly seed the starting deck.

Nonetheless, people should refrain from checking other's hands.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

WEll, I cannot seem to get Vassal to load the module. Each time I try, it just freezes up. Anyone else have this problem?

0 rows returned

Solmyr

It opens the loading wizard window which doesn't appear in the toolbar. Alt-Tab and you should see it.

Habbaku

Guess we'll postpone this until the 22nd when Frunk can join us, then.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 13, 2013, 02:39:08 PM
It opens the loading wizard window which doesn't appear in the toolbar. Alt-Tab and you should see it.

Berkut, have you tried this yet?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Managed to winkle Berkut's turn from him, though it will have to come from me since he's still having Vassal troubles.

Berkut's actions :

1 : Purchase Professor James Douglas from the market for 4 gold (8 base, half cost due to hacendado ability).
2-3 : Purchase Cuerpos Exploradores Rurales troops for 1 gold.

He goes down to 2, then gains 2 for base income, so back up to four.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

My turn.

Bernado Reyes' Actions :

1 : Buy Ejido System from the market for 0.
2-3 : Buy Defensas Sociales from the market for 1 (2 base, 1/2 cost for hacendado bonus).

Lose 1 gold, gain 2, end turn with 6.

Off to Sol.

-J. R. R. Tolkien