News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Maybe Novgorod diploannexed Muscovy or something and then became Russia itself?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2009, 05:45:18 AM
Novgorod existed. Then it did not. Saw it happen in an own game of mine with an earlier MM version as well. One moment, divided Russian plains. Next moment: huge-ass Russia

Huh...the manual seemed pretty explicit that you needed to be the only independent Russian nation.  Was Novgorod a vassal?  That could be it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new expansion.

QuoteThe historical strategy game will feature new content and features across the board including:

* Brand new Casus Belli system, where wars have specific goals from start to finish.
    * Monarchs now belong to dynasties, with new influence on the diplomatic model.
    * Increased Holy Roman Empire and Papacy options for more powerful ruling
    * New diplomatic options for Merchant Republics
    * Enhanced "Cultural Tradition" and recruitment of specific advisor types

DevDiary archive:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440212
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

I Killed Kenny

no magna mundi no game (for me)

Razgovory

Oh come on now!  There's only so many of these expansion patches I'm willing to pay for.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

With no Dragon Age, I've been playing EU3 again.  Finally managed to figure out how to beat the Ottomans as Byzantium.  Wait while the Ottos beat on the Timurids (and hopefully the Timurids are winning).  Pick up a OPM (for me Cyprus), but build up your navy as fast as you can.  Then attack an Otto vassal while the Otto army is in Anatolia.  Take your small army and sit 1k troops in each province, while your navy sits in the Bosphorus to prevent the Otto stack from hitting Constantinople or releiving your seiges.

:cool:

The Ottos are down to three provinces.  Two wars and they're gone.  Not sure if I should wait for my BB to go down first though... :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Faeelin

Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2009, 07:43:36 AM

This sounds a lot like a Magna Mundi you pay for.

Sahib

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2009, 05:41:24 PM
With no Dragon Age, I've been playing EU3 again.  Finally managed to figure out how to beat the Ottomans as Byzantium.  Wait while the Ottos beat on the Timurids (and hopefully the Timurids are winning).  Pick up a OPM (for me Cyprus), but build up your navy as fast as you can.  Then attack an Otto vassal while the Otto army is in Anatolia.  Take your small army and sit 1k troops in each province, while your navy sits in the Bosphorus to prevent the Otto stack from hitting Constantinople or releiving your seiges.

The Ottos are down to three provinces.  Two wars and they're gone.  Not sure if I should wait for my BB to go down first though... :unsure:

Remember to fund rebels in Greek Culture/Foreign rulers OPM. Practically free provinces.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Syt

Quote from: Faeelin on November 08, 2009, 06:37:23 PM

I don't do Magna.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Sahib

Quote from: Faeelin on November 08, 2009, 06:37:23 PM

When did Magna Mundi included dynasties?  :huh:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Syt

Quote from: Alcibiades on November 09, 2009, 09:18:46 AM
Your loss

Maybe, maybe not. Looking at their features I'm not interested in this.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

EU3 already cost me much in online poker profit opportunities, one more expansion won't break my bank.

Barrister

Quote from: Sahib on November 08, 2009, 08:35:12 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2009, 05:41:24 PM

Remember to fund rebels in Greek Culture/Foreign rulers OPM. Practically free provinces.

Wow - good hint to know.  Wish I'd known that earlier.

It's 1420s and already the game appears to not have much challenge left to it.  I guess I'll see how much of the greatest extent of the Eastern Roman Empire I can conquer...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

I've never played Byzantines, but the challenge to me seems in keeping up with the West, and not being squashed by the first Western blob you run into.  Given the lack of Latin teach group and Latin units, that might become a big problem for you.