News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Denmarks new immigrants!

Started by Octavian, February 26, 2013, 04:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

We've got coyotes out the wazoo here now.  I've seen them in my backyard even, and at certain times of year (breeding season?) you can hear their calls early in the morning... they sound like screaming women.

As long as the coyotes take care of our feral cat problem and keep the armadillos away, I won't be shooting any of them. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Octavian on February 27, 2013, 07:32:53 AM
A half eaten sheep was found this morning by the same farmer  :ph34r:

Did it get better?

HVC

At least he's sharing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on February 27, 2013, 07:55:30 AM
We've got coyotes out the wazoo here now.  I've seen them in my backyard even, and at certain times of year (breeding season?) you can hear their calls early in the morning... they sound like screaming women.

As long as the coyotes take care of our feral cat problem and keep the armadillos away, I won't be shooting any of them. :)

I believe I've heard some in our woods-- sounds like maybe they were going after the deer.  I had heard them from a distance but they make some freakier noises when you hear them up close.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on February 27, 2013, 10:30:14 AM
I believe I've heard some in our woods-- sounds like maybe they were going after the deer.  I had heard them from a distance but they make some freakier noises when you hear them up close.
Yeah... we have deer come through our woods all the time... in fact when I let my dog out in the morning he makes a beeline for the woods to check for deer.  If he starts barking his head off, then I know they're back there. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 26, 2013, 11:46:39 PM
I'm shocked that CDM would wish harm on an innocent animal like that.  :(

I just wonder where this supposed dog is.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Octavian

Latest photo of the wolf attacking the sheep:

:P

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Razgovory

That farmer looks suspiciously like a wolf.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017