News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Glorious Languish - 10 years later

Started by Jaron, February 25, 2013, 02:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

I was talking to Fireblade earlier and we were talking about our lives and how they've changed over the past decade. It was 10 years ago many of us left Paradox OT to come here. Not all of us are still here - some have moved on and at least one has just straight up bought the farm.

So thinking back 10 years to 2003 - what has changed in your life since then? What have you accomplished? What was your life like back then compared to now?

Since I made the thread, I'll go first and I'll do Fireblade too.

Me:

10 years ago - Worked at Jack in the Box, lived with parents, timid hypochondriac with a passion and skill at internet trolling. Had not yet completed school nor enjoyed the nectar of the sweet flower of romance.

Now: Overeducated, I work for a software company, and don't care enough to troll anymore. At best I can muster the energy to snipe a few favorites like Cdm, Cdm, and Cdm. I'm single now as I was then, but with enough romantic encounters to know its usually not worth the effort. :P

Fireblade:

10 years ago: drunken frat boy waking up most mornings in a drunk tank.

Now: Family man, philanthropist, and a rising star in the world of Arkansas academia.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on February 25, 2013, 02:08:00 AM
at least one has just straight up bought the farm.

While I'm sure this is true, no idea who it is.

Then- working on associates degree in IT.
Now- working on bachelors degree in IT.
In between- whole lotta slacking off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

I think his name was Daniel A or something like that. I wouldn't count him as "one of us", but he at least had an account here.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Camerus

Fun fact:  Jaron was temp-banned for mocking Daniel A's death. 

Eddie Teach

Oh, I remember him. He did an AAR about conquering the world as fast as possible with Spain which inspired me to do one* about conquering it even faster with England.

*game was finished but AAR never was  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

There aren't nearly as many here to tell to fuck off as there were 10 years ago.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on February 25, 2013, 02:19:25 AM
I think his name was Daniel A or something like that. I wouldn't count him as "one of us", but he at least had an account here.
I remember him but I didn't realize he had died. :Embarrass:  What happened?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

I was 18 with all that comes with it.

Now, I'm 28 with a family

I don't think anyone needs any details, they've been spilled on this forum a many times.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Still in the same boat as before.  Little has changed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

About the only difference between me now & 10 years ago is I have kids now.  And I go to bed earlier.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

A shitload has changed.  I have moved 5 times, completely changed my career tragectory, and broke off an engagement spent years ineptly being single and finally got married and had two kids.

Not done yet....but getting closer to getting my life to where I would like it to be.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

I lurk less.
Still in AL, still the same job, few years away from retiring from the reserves, my son is 15 and learning to drive, my daughter is 8, still happily married to capturedfairy (I'm happy , she is married).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom