And we're back!

Main Menu

Glorious Languish - 10 years later

Started by Jaron, February 25, 2013, 02:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 25, 2013, 10:42:22 AM
I lurk less.
Still in AL, still the same job, few years away from retiring from the reserves, my son is 15 and learning to drive, my daughter is 8, still happily married to capturedfairy (I'm happy , she is married).
Going to be a "gray-area" retiree where you have to wait until age 60 for the pension?

lustindarkness

Quote from: Phillip V on February 25, 2013, 11:10:47 AM
I lurk less.
Still in AL, still the same job, few years away from retiring from the reserves, my son is 15 and learning to drive, my daughter is 8, still happily married to capturedfairy (I'm happy , she is married).
Going to be a "gray-area" retiree where you have to wait until age 60 for the pension?

Yes! Can't wait, I'm tired of all the fucking paperwork and supervising kids in this new "nice abnd politically correct" Navy.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Phillip V

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 25, 2013, 11:12:40 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on February 25, 2013, 11:10:47 AM
I lurk less.

Yes! Can't wait, I'm tired of all the fucking paperwork and supervising kids in this new "nice abnd politically correct" Navy.

Grab an overseas "deployment" to somewheres like Bahrain before you go; be a nice way to pad your bank account ($100k+) and pension.

merithyn

Goodness... Hmm...

10 years ago - I was dating a complete jackass, still legally married to my ex for insurance purposes, still living in his house for monetary purposes, working as a waitress, taking care of four kids under 10, and suffering the worst depression I've ever had. (Shocking on the depression, right?)

Now - Happily divorced from my ex, happily married to Max ( :wub: ), getting ready to buy our first house, putting two boys through college, going to school for a career change, and finally on the road to financial security.

It was a very long, trying 10 years....
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Martinus

I came out to my (straight) friends, my bosses and some of my coworkers.
I got a boyfriend (almost three years in the relationship now and counting).
I started to go to pride marches and gay clubs.
I made a bunch of gay friends who are not the people I fuck.
I got a new flat I am moving into shortly.
I was admitted to the Warsaw bar.
I lived in Brussels for a while and decided I like to live in Poland after all.
I started going to the gym, dieting and lost about 20 pounds.
I completely changed the way I dress.
More to come...

Phillip V

Languish did not destroy anybody's life? :(

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on February 25, 2013, 12:19:00 PM
Languish did not destroy anybody's life? :(

I suspect nobody who will be bragging about it in this thread :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Jacob

Let's see...

I'm married.

Still in the same business, but with a few accomplishments under my belt. I'm particularly happy with Bully and Sleeping Dogs.

Still in Vancouver. Ten years ago I lived in a one bedroom in a housing co-op. Now I live in a house we had built.

Got a driver's license and my first car at the tender age of 38.

I've been some interesting places and met all kinds of people this last decade.

Oh... and I give way less fucks about what people post on the internet than I did 10 years ago.

fhdz

10 years, huh?

Well, I was still Catholic and still married. I was a handful of months away from becoming a proud papa for the second time. I was working in IT and barely making ends meet (the ex never worked more than a part time job, even before the kids came along).

Tons of shit, some amazing, some awful, mostly in-between, happened in the interim.

Now I'm starting on a new career path, have a rad blended family, and am a week away from starting grad school for my Master's in Project Management.
and the horse you rode in on

Zanza

I think I only joined in 2005 or so.

Since then I lived in several other countries, finished my studies and started working. Met a lot of interesting people, visited quite a few countries. In general, life is good.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Jaron on February 25, 2013, 02:08:00 AM
in the world of Arkansas academia.

What does the other guy think about that?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on February 25, 2013, 02:06:46 PM
I think I only joined in 2005 or so.

Since then I lived in several other countries, finished my studies and started working. Met a lot of interesting people, visited quite a few countries. In general, life is good.

Pretty much all of this.

katmai

Hmmm 2003 I was splitting time between Philadelphia (winters)and Alaska(summers)
Was working PA jobs on tv/film/commercial productions.

Now working as Camera Op or AC and living full time in Alaska
Most I've done to settle down is adopt a dog from pound three years ago, longest relationship I've had in last ten years :lol:

Other than that life is pretty much same, talking and playing games online with you mooks.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Then: first year of my studies.
Now: first year of my studies.

In the middle: work and travels.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk