News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Taint Please - Playstation 4 Announced.

Started by mongers, February 20, 2013, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

It might be of interest to people who are new to Sony (like me - have a 360) consoles if the back catalog for the PS3 was also available for this platform.

I agree, if you have the old console already it'll probably have less bearing on your buying decision.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: sbr on February 21, 2013, 10:40:40 AM
I've never really understood the obsession with backwards compatibility.  Your PS3 doesnt stop working the day you buy the PS4 and it's not like they're so big storing 2 of them should be that much of an issue and I would rather they spent the time and power on new shit, instead of making old shit work on the new platform.

I suppose some people might sell one to buy the other but that is a them problem, not a Sony problem.

Well it is a little obnoxious to either have to unpack the old one when you want to play an older game or as lusti said, fitting them both into your cabinet space.

Meanwhile on the PC - you can go for quite sometime before you have issues running older games on your newer machine.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Wario64I think there's no hardware reveal yet cause Sony is gonna announce the Kickstarter tomorrow

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.