News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A Long, Long Time Ago...

Started by Savonarola, May 20, 2009, 12:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habsburg

Skatalie Portman and that boy can not act their way out of a wet brown paper bag which has turned pulpish.*

* - except her little turn in Cold Mountain which was fabulous work.  Her Oscar nomination for Closer is laughable.

saskganesh

Quote from: Habsburg on May 20, 2009, 05:10:25 PM
Skatalie Portman and that boy can not act their way out of a wet brown paper bag which has turned pulpish.*

* - except her little turn in Cold Mountain which was fabulous work.  Her Oscar nomination for Closer is laughable.

she was great in Beautiful Girls. the guy was fine in Shattered Glass. Sam Jackson has been known to act. Apparently, even Ewan MacGregor keeps getting work for some reason.

I think this movie is an excellent example of a cast giving up.
humans were created in their own image

katmai

Quote from: saskganesh on May 20, 2009, 06:56:10 PM

she was great in Beautiful Girls. the guy was fine in Shattered Glass. Sam Jackson has been known to act. Apparently, even Ewan MacGregor keeps getting work for some reason.

I think this movie is an excellent example of a cast giving up.

George should have stuck to story outlines and left screenplays to others (like he did with Empire and Jedi)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Savonarola on May 20, 2009, 12:29:38 PM
Did anyone here see the midnight release of the film?
Yeah.  I went with a group of about 40 people.  We had a guy waiting in line overnight to hold the spot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: katmai on May 20, 2009, 07:00:50 PM
George should have stuck to story outlines and left screenplays to others (like he did with Empire and Jedi)

:yes:

I dunno. Episode I was just boring; it wasn't really good or bad. I didn't mind Episode III too much, but I make up for it with my irrational hatred of Episode II. Seeing R2-D2 fly across a factory was very nearly the moment I burned any and all pieces of Star Wars memorabilia in my possession. Episode II had no acting, no plot, stupid fan service moments, and to date, is the ONLY movie I've EVER walked out of, wishing that I could reclaim the hours of my life wasted watching that godawful piece of garbage.

And considering this includes Paul Blart: Mall Cop, that's saying a lot. ;)
Experience bij!

frunk

Quote from: saskganesh on May 20, 2009, 06:56:10 PMI think this movie is an excellent example of a cast giving up.

It takes an Alec Guiness to make Lucas's dialogue sound good.

Neil

Quote from: frunk on May 20, 2009, 07:57:20 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on May 20, 2009, 06:56:10 PMI think this movie is an excellent example of a cast giving up.

It takes an Alec Guiness to make Lucas's dialogue sound good.
Cushing?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

She wasn't in Cold Mountain.
I would have noticed.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Grey Fox

Quote from: Siege on May 20, 2009, 08:08:55 PM

I would have noticed.

You need to watch it again.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Siege

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 20, 2009, 08:12:58 PM

I would have noticed.

What was her part?

ulmont

I would have noticed.

She's credited about 7 down here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159365/

Viking

Quote from: Siege on May 20, 2009, 08:13:58 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 20, 2009, 08:12:58 PM

I would have noticed.

What was her part?

The war widow that tries to hitch up with jude law and save him from the evil yankee patrol iirc.. though I might be mixing up movies
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Damn, I forgot that part.

I am a retard.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Maximus on May 20, 2009, 04:54:41 PM
I don't really care about them but they weren't that good. Story was meh and acting horrible in all of them. At least the later ones had better effects.

Huh?  Damn you really must prefer Highlander 2.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."