And we're back!

Main Menu

A Long, Long Time Ago...

Started by Savonarola, May 20, 2009, 12:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 20, 2009, 02:27:02 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 20, 2009, 01:45:47 PM
I did go to the midnight show of all three.  Three midnight shows, three cruddy mornings, three big disappointments.
I thought Revenge of the Sith was pretty good.
It was trash Tim. TRASH.

And I went because it was just a custom for us to hit the midnight shows of the big movies.  See the weirdos in costume, avoid the obnoxious teenybopper crowd.
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on May 20, 2009, 12:43:07 PM
Btw, my first thought at reading the topic title was the Al Yankovic song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl4fazc-hU0

Far more entertaining then the film itself.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2009, 01:09:50 PM
Went to see it a week or so after it was released.  My expectations were so low after seeing the previews + spotting a Jar Jar poster at Walmart, that it slightly exceeded my expectations.  It was still a disservice to the original trilogy, of course.

Just before I saw the movie, I saw the Backstreet Boys coming out of an early screening saying it was the best movie ever made, and if you didn't go see it a bunch of times you were crazy. It actually got my hopes up, despite all the bad reviews I had read. Seeing the movie was the moment the Backstreet Boys lost all credibility with me.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on May 20, 2009, 04:02:21 PM
Went to see it a week or so after it was released.  My expectations were so low after seeing the previews + spotting a Jar Jar poster at Walmart, that it slightly exceeded my expectations.  It was still a disservice to the original trilogy, of course.

Just before I saw the movie, I saw the Backstreet Boys coming out of an early screening saying it was the best movie ever made, and if you didn't go see it a bunch of times you were crazy. It actually got my hopes up, despite all the bad reviews I had read. Seeing the movie was the moment the Backstreet Boys lost all credibility with me.

:XD:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

This is a joke right?  Boy Bands have credibility?
PDH!

Maximus

I'm not saying it was good, but it was at least as good as the original three.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Maximus on May 20, 2009, 04:14:09 PM
Purge him!
PDH!

Siege

Ep I was worst than Ep VI, and that's saying a lot.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 20, 2009, 04:20:23 PM
Purge him!
Flay him alive!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Woah.  You must really really hate the original three.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

He's a monster. Probably loved Highlander 2. 
PDH!

alfred russel

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 20, 2009, 04:05:30 PM

This is a joke right?  Boy Bands have credibility?

It is a true story, but yes, I wrote the credibility part as a joke.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Maximus

Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2009, 04:26:04 PM
Woah.  You must really really hate the original three.
I don't really care about them but they weren't that good. Story was meh and acting horrible in all of them. At least the later ones had better effects.

Scipio

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 20, 2009, 04:28:55 PM
He's a monster. Probably loved Highlander 2.

Say goodbye, Highlander!

Why, are you going somewhere?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

katmai

I saw it the day before the midnight screenings as i had to build up and tech screen the prints at theater i was working at.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son