Which film should win the Oscar for best picture?

Started by jimmy olsen, January 29, 2013, 07:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which film should win the Oscar for best picture?

Amour
0 (0%)
Argo
2 (10.5%)
Beasts of the Southern Wild
2 (10.5%)
Django Unchained
5 (26.3%)
Les Misérables
1 (5.3%)
Life of Pi
1 (5.3%)
Lincoln
6 (31.6%)
Silver Linings Playbook
0 (0%)
Zero Dark Thirty
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

garbon

I wouldn't vote for any of these. Also, Meri, you can just click view results.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Ice Pirates was awesome.  Solarbabies is unwatchable even as far as bad movies go.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 29, 2013, 09:09:04 PM
Ice Pirates was awesome.  Solarbabies is unwatchable even as far as bad movies go.
I thought that one chick who was also in The Lost Boys was hot in Solarbabies.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Zoupa

Martinus

Haven't watched any of them. Where's Hobbit or Cloud Atlas?

Syt

Only watched Django Unchained.

Life of Pi received quite unflattering reviews over here (mostly along the lines, "Goes to prove that the books can't be turned intoa  movie.").
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Looks like Argo is really a heavy favorite now that it's swept the Guild awards.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Kleves

I've seen Argo, Les Mis, Django, Lincoln, and Zero Dark Thirty. Of those, I would probably vote for Zero Dark Thirty.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Viking

To be honest I don't care anymore. I watched Lincoln and Django and liked both. Movies all spend the first half hour trying to get me to like the protagonist and I'm a misanthrope and am incapable of liking anybody that doesn't have a set of 38DDs  within 30 minutes.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Scipio

Man, fuck Les Mis.  It's a shitty fucking musical.  The Liam Neeson film version is great.  The Depardieu version is great.  This whole musical schtick is fucking trying.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt