And we're back!

Main Menu

Great Unified Comics Thread

Started by Syt, March 13, 2009, 10:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on January 11, 2014, 06:39:47 PM
Cap does believe in a planned economy.
I wouldn't go that far.  He was probably a New Dealer, but I have no reason to suspect that he was anti-American.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

PRC

Quote from: Malthus on November 01, 2013, 12:54:55 PM
Carl loves the Bluecoats. Got him the first one, he re-reads it a lot.

You may have already done this but... get him some pens and paper, let him start to draw some of his own!

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on January 11, 2014, 08:41:29 PM
He made Nixon commit suicide. :(
Number One wasn't Nixon.  Nixon was a hero.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

Anyone else watching Arrow?  It has grown to be my favorite show on tv right now.  It's such a comic fans wet dream.  Damn.  [spoiler]The Flash, Amanda Waller recruiting Deadshot and Bronze Tiger for Suicide Squad, Deathstroke, little nods like Kord Industries, Speedy, all kinds of new and awesome stuff this season.[/spoiler]
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Darth Wagtaros

I'm liking it.  Little heavy on the flashbacks to the island is my only complaint.
PDH!

DontSayBanana

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that, after watching the first season religiously, I lost track of it and didn't even realize it had come back on, let alone gotten through two thirds of the season.  I'm rectifying that right now. :blush:
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

[spoiler]Suicide Squad?[/spoiler]

Guess I was right when I was thinking that this show was slanting more toward the Titans than the Justice League.
Experience bij!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Squad  I quite enjoyed them during the 80's/early 90's Justice League era.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ideologue

I've always wanted to read the early 90s series.  I've been told it's very similar to the Secret Six run Simone did in the twilight days of DC Comics having any relevance to anyone.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

:hmm:

I got Wonder Woman.

QuoteInjustices against vulnerable people make you absolutely insane. When you read about horrible atrocities being committed against protestors in another county, it makes your blood absolutely boil, which is why you make it a point to set by example, priding yourself on being ahead of the curve on social issues.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kristinchirico/which-superhero-are-you
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

Black Widow :unsure:

QuoteYou got: Black Widow
Marvel
You're a fixer, a closer, a doer — the type of person who is the first one in and the last one out, because if there's anyone you trust to get something done, it's you. You used to hate group projects in high school — too many variables, and you ended up just doing all the work anyway. But hey, it's served you well.

Actually, yes that's true... :unsure:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

katmai

You got: Wolverine
Marvel
You're a straight shooter, but you don't trust people very easily. That's something that, in your opinion, needs to be earned. You've got something of a tough exterior, but you're a good person, and if you come across as a little too gruff sometimes, well, that's only because you're focusing the energy you'd use to be nice on stuff that's more important.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

You got: Thor
Marvel
    You're basically a big teddy bear: playful and lovable with your friends, a horrifying killing machine when it comes to anyone who comes between you and your cubs (or your food). Sometimes you don't know your own strength, which means that you can be a bit too exuberant when comes to things like parties, hugs, laughter, and beer pong. It's just because you love too hard.