Great Unified Comics Thread

Started by Syt, March 13, 2009, 10:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2014, 02:19:50 AM

Singapore is racist, yo.

Also somewhat divergent in their use of the term "race."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Batman von Superman?  I like this new Teutonic influenced origin story for Batman.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

I really think Batman needs more than that given his financing of the Justice League space station. He'd need John D. Rockefeller level wealth for that to be plausible and that's at least $300 billion in today's money.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

So Magneto owns a giant radioactive hole in the ground?  Or is Genosha back?  I just re-read Grant Morrison's New X-Men run.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2014, 11:48:45 AM
I really think Batman needs more than that given his financing of the Justice League space station. He'd need John D. Rockefeller level wealth for that to be plausible and that's at least $300 billion in today's money.

If you've built a space station you're probably not very rich anymore.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ideologue

I told you orcas couldn't be trusted.
Kinemalogue

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Is DC literally pants on the head retarded? Releasing Wonder Woman two months after Justice League?
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/justice-league-movie-to-hit-may-2017-wonder-woman-green-lantern-flash-crossover-coming-same-year-20140612

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I bet they looked at how X-Men and Cap can come out two months apart.  Question is whether the market can support that many superhero properties.

And Captain Marvel?  Hell, I'm down for that.
Kinemalogue

Syt

The difference between Marvel and DC (well, at least the Avengers themed movies) is that the Marvel movies interconnect with one another (which was a ballsy move, but one that seems to have paid off for them). So far Batman and Supes have been separate, and I'm not sure if they haven't missed the train on this one.

I think there might be another peak with Avengers 2, and then the superhero movies will likely taper off and hit a final climax with Avengers 3 (come on, we all know it's coming) - maybe with a mega crossover, movie rights permitting?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

They're gonna do the Infinity Gauntlet.

Without, as far as I can tell, Adam Warlock.

Which means it will be awful.  (Why does Guardians of the Galaxy exist rather than a Warlock picture?  I'm really not looking forward to that; it could still be good, but I refuse to get even one hope up about it.  It has an excellent chance of being terrible on its own merits.)
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Apparently there's a town called Eromanga. I didn't need to know this. :x
Women want me. Men want to be with me.