News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 15: CdM MIA?

Started by sbr, December 13, 2012, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Bengals don't know how to handle success.

Neil

I could stand to see Geno plant Roethlisberger a couple of times.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on December 18, 2012, 01:11:10 PM
I could stand to see Geno plant Roethlisberger a couple of times.

Here's something to tide you over til then.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Nice job on that one.  Look at that head bounce on the turf.  Ouch.

Almost as good as that Bart Scott hit from '06.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Why the hell is everyone still talking about the Jets?  They had a bad team this year and nobody with a brain thought they would make the playoffs.  Who the hell cares which QB will be starting for them next week?  Heaven forbid we talk about the AFC playoff picture or the wide-open possibilities for three of the NFC East teams.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2012, 11:55:18 AM
Why the hell is everyone still talking about the Jets?  They had a bad team this year and nobody with a brain thought they would make the playoffs.  Who the hell cares which QB will be starting for them next week?  Heaven forbid we talk about the AFC playoff picture or the wide-open possibilities for three of the NFC East teams.

The Jets have been a media darling for years now....seemingly the second Ryan became their head coach.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 19, 2012, 11:56:39 AM

The Jets have been a media darling for years now....seemingly the second Ryan became their head coach.

Yet they're the biggest non-story of the year.  I get that they're a New York team and are gonna get a lot of coverage, but there's another NY team that actually has a shot at the playoffs.

Just venting...

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2012, 12:21:49 PM
Yet they're the biggest non-story of the year.  I get that they're a New York team and are gonna get a lot of coverage, but there's another NY team that actually has a shot at the playoffs.

Just venting...

The Giants, being a traditional powerhouse in New York, constantly being under the radar is just bizarre.  The Jets are losers and always have been.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on December 19, 2012, 11:56:39 AM

Add in Sanchez the Hollywood starlet dater and on-field fiasco to ESPN's Man of the Decade Tim Tebow, and I'm surprised they don't have entire shows fully devoted to them each day instead of just mostly.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on December 19, 2012, 12:25:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2012, 12:21:49 PM

Just venting...

The Giants, being a traditional powerhouse in New York, constantly being under the radar is just bizarre.  The Jets are losers and always have been.

I saw a Tweet Monday night, I think from Rachel Nicols of ESPN (very underrated hottie by the way) that said:

Dear Jets
Thank You
Love, The NY Giants

I haven't heard one peep about the Giants getting their faces kicked in by the Falcons all week, every thing is Jets, Jets, Jets.

KRonn

Agreed, the Jets are a non-story, except as failure this year. The Giants should be the team to discuss, IMO.

Neil

How can they avoid them?  Their coach is so brash and media-friendly, their starting QB is a pretty-boy GQ Brady-wannabe, their defence is full of guys who are better at talking than playing and their backup QB is the most overhyped guy in the history of the league.  It's shocking how much less attention is showered on top rookies from this year like Luck or RG3 (although RG3 is close just as Cam Newton was last year.  Advertisers love those exciting black QBs who get crushed after a few years in the league.) compared to Tebow.

Sophie Scholl

We need more Russell Wilson discussion.  Little Wonder is amazing.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 20, 2012, 03:29:34 AM

The kid was good at Wisky, but did I think he was NFL good? Nah.

Boy was I wrong. :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 20, 2012, 03:29:34 AM
We'll see if he Cam Newtons next year.

Little Wonder?  Bowie?