Guardian article mocks AP's "evidence" of Iran's nuclear weapons program

Started by Brazen, November 30, 2012, 11:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

QuoteUncritical, fear-mongering media propaganda is far too common to take note of each time it appears, but sometimes, what is produced is so ludicrous that its illustrative value should not be ignored. Such is the case with a highly trumpeted Associated Press "exclusive" from Tuesday which claims in its red headline to have discovered evidence of "Iran Working on Bomb".

What is this newly discovered, scary evidence? It is a "graph" which AP says was "leaked" to it by "officials from a country critical of Iran's atomic program to bolster their arguments that Iran's nuclear program must be halted before it produces a weapon" (how mysterious: the globe is gripped with befuddlement as it tries to guess which country that might be). Here's how AP presents the graph in all its incriminating, frightening glory:

Read on here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/28/ap-iran-nuclear-bomb

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Looks at author of the piece.

Glenn Glenwald.

Laughs and closes the link.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2012, 12:17:37 PM

Glenn Glenwald.

He wrote it?  I guess it deserves reading then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2012, 12:22:37 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2012, 12:17:37 PM

Glenn Glenwald.

He wrote it?  I guess it deserves reading then.

I didn't post the article he wrote about it yesterday - which was all about it being a hoax and terrible - as it was pretty histrionic.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2012, 12:24:07 PM
Leftie scum.  :mad:

I find Civil Liberty people dreamy :wub:

And he is one of the good lefties, he slams the Democrats all the time.  I don't always agree with him and often he gets carried away but what was it Goldwater said?  Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2012, 12:33:58 PM
He should be run over by a bulldozer, Rachel Corrie style.

That's alright.  Plenty more Civil Libertytards I can read and rejoice in.  Come on you know you love freedom.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2012, 12:36:25 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2012, 12:33:58 PM
He should be run over by a bulldozer, Rachel Corrie style.

That's alright.  Plenty more Civil Libertytards I can read and rejoice in.  Come on you know you love freedom.

People like him make me hate freedom :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall