Main Menu

Neighborly Notes

Started by garbon, November 19, 2012, 10:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2012, 08:59:10 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2012, 08:40:07 PM
:hmm:

Life must suck as a poor.  More than one family in the same building?  TEH HORROR  :(

Lincoln isn't that far back in your past. ;)

Cal used to live in Nebraska?

;)

Caliga

I think he was trying to make a joke about Abraham Lincoln. :hmm:

On a related note, at one point Lincoln's lived only a few miles away from here, where at one point his dad (Lincoln's grandfather) was killed by Native Americans. :) 
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martim Silva

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 10:17:15 AM
How does one walk wrong in high heels?

Have a wooden floor. Wear high heels. Walk all over the house non-stop from 1 AM to 4 AM.

All your neighbors will hear are very loud "THUNK THUNK THUNK" noises.

It can be infuriating. In my old apartment my retarded upper floor neighbour was just like that.

And it can make people mad. I remember back in my parents house, a woman moved in below us that had been driven nuts by that kind of noise. She was already half insane - within two weeks of moving in, she complained to my mother that she was making too much noise by walking on high heels on the wooden floor. Unfortunately for her, we had carpets.

Quote from: CountDeMoney
Goddamn, after dealing with some of the moron neighbors I've had, high heels in the hallway and bathroom fans certainly beats calling the cops every two weeks for Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot Night right after payday.

You're lucky. Portuguese people like to order new bathrooms and kitchens all the time, which imply very heavy hammering and destroying of walls for over a month. Since nobody cares about the law, the Engineers that oversee the work INSIST that their workers continue working on holidays and weekends, ALL DAY LONG from 7 AM to 21 PM.

And when one apartment ends getting its 'new' marble bathrooms, another full of envy starts the same work.

Needless to say, those times see me calling the cops on weekends rather frequently. I often hear them arguing with the wall-crushers on Sunday morning, with the workers asking "WHY CANT WE BREAK MANY WALLZ ON SUNDAYZ MORNING? HOUSE PAID!".

dps

Quote from: Caliga on November 20, 2012, 08:08:14 AM
I think he was trying to make a joke about Abraham Lincoln. :hmm:

On a related note, at one point Lincoln's lived only a few miles away from here, where at one point his dad (Lincoln's grandfather) was killed by Native Americans. :) 

I got it, hence the winking smilie.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2012, 02:14:27 AM
Speaking of high heels - am I the only one who gets annoyed by shitty poor people who wear elevated shoes with hard heels, that make a loud noise when you walk? Sure, if you are Sarah Jessica Parker going to the Oscar night, by all means wear high heels, but if you are some stupid soccer mom in Tesco-bought clothes, then buy some flat shoes and stop making so much noise, you stupid bitch.

Garbon's apartment building is in the Village.  I sincerely doubt there are any Soccer Moms in his building, let alone wearing clothes from Tesco.

Once again, you fail at American demographics.

garbon

It is a bit hard to be legitimately poor in this neighborhood too.

Oh I noticed in the light of morning that though the signs were ripped down - a small piece with the word "crazy" is still up. Unclear if that was by accident or design. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

You should've posted Boss Cat meme pictures in response.

Syt

The only notes in our stairwell, put up by the building administrator, are to not smoke there. It's routinely ignored as cigarette stumps on the steps attest.  :mad:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2012, 10:54:31 AM
The only notes in our stairwell, put up by the building administrator, are to not smoke there. It's routinely ignored as cigarette stumps on the steps attest.  :mad:

Christ. That would have Max blowing up buildings.  :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2012, 10:46:36 AM
You should've posted Boss Cat meme pictures in response.

I do kinda want to put up a sign now!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.